York College offers several math courses tailored to prepare you for the quantitative activities you will pursue in your major. The mathematics placement assessments are designed to help determine which math course is right for you. Some students may need to complete the math placement assessments before they can schedule classes.
Which math assessment do I take?
All majors (including Undeclared) will take the Algebra Assessment. However, you only need to take the Calculus Assessment if you are currently declared or interested in declaring one of the following majors:
- Forensic Chemistry
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Cybersecurity Management
- Engineering Management
- Mid-Level Mathematics
- Secondary Education Biology
- Secondary Education General Science
- Secondary Education Mathematics
What to expect with the assessment
Each assessment has 33 questions and you will have 180 minutes to complete each test. If you need, you may take an assessment a total of two (2) times. A calculator may be used during the assessment.
If you are interrupted or lose internet service, you'll be able to resume where you left off as long as you log back into the assessment within the same day.
How can I take the assessment?
- Go to the Stemify website to take the exam. Click on YCP.
- Enter your MyYCP username and password.
- The menu located in the upper left corner of your screen will provide you access to the Learning Library (available for you to review many relevant math concepts that will help you to be successful) and the Placement tests.
What if I need help?
For technical support (trouble accessing the test, problems during the test), please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
For advising-related questions, please contact the Academic Advising Center at 717.815.1531 or email@example.com.