The process is simple and will allow you to enter up to six telephone numbers, two email addresses and one SMS text number for the purpose of receiving emergency alerts. Please read all instructions prior to entering your contact information.
You will need your 9-digit college ID number that begins with 90xxxxxxx and your email address. This information uniquely identifies you. Please make certain not to include the 10th digit of your ID which is the issue number on your ID card. Your email address is the complete address including ycp.edu (email@example.com).
Once authenticated you may enter your contact numbers. If our system does not recognize you, the following message will be received:
Your sign in information does not match with our records, please re-enter again.
If this message appears, please try again and if unsuccessful, call 717.815.1559 or email the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once the data entry form appears, proceed to enter the contact information requested. It is only necessary to enter the telephone numbers where you wish to be contacted in case of emergency. Emergency voice messages will be delivered to these numbers even if an answering machine or voicemail answers. The SMS phone number only applies to cell phones that have SMS text capabilities and is optional. You will be charged for text messages according to your cell phone calling plan. All telephone carriers are supported. You may elect to enter a TTY phone number (teletypewriter for the deaf). The entering of email addresses is optional, however, your YCP email address is mandatory and will already be entered. You may log in again at a later time to update your information if anything changes.
About your York College Emergency Alert Account:
- It is your responsibility to keep your contact information up to date.
- Once registered, you may opt out using your cell phone. Text message to 23177 'stop ycp.' You may opt-in again by text messaging 'subscribe ycp' to 23177.
- Your account will remain activated while you are continuously enrolled in classes. You can verify your status by re-visiting the above portal URL. York College will delete your account within one semester of either graduation or not having any classes scheduled. The following schedule will determine when the accounts are deleted:
- May graduates and August graduates: account deletion on February 1 of the following year
- December graduates: account deletion on June 1 of the following year
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact the LTS Help Desk. The LTS Help Desk is located in the Schmidt Library and available by telephone at 717.815.1559.