Eisenhart Community Scholars
Funded by a generous gift to York College of Pennsylvania, the Eisenhart Community Scholars Program awards up to five $20,000 scholarships ($5,000 per year) to motivated, energetic students IN ANY MAJOR who have demonstrated:
- A commitment to the common good and to their community;
- The ability to work in teams as well as independently toward those aims;
- A desire to engage in co-curricular community service/learning activities;
- The leadership experience to manage students in service projects and initiatives;
- Empathy toward diverse people and diverse situations;
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills; and
- An interest in creating significant and sustainable change to the betterment of the York community.
The Eisenhart Scholars program supports York College’s commitment to fostering connections among the College, its students and faculty, and our community, by encouraging participants to integrate community service into their academic studies.
The program educates, prepares, and inspires students to become agents of change in their community. As an Eisenhart Scholar, you'll be mentored and provided with opportunities to develop genuine partnerships with local community agencies. You will also develop skills in management, community organizing, leadership, networking, and fundraising that will be assets in whatever profession you choose.