Spring on the York College campus

Faculty and Staff

#YCPGives Involvement

"#YCPGives is Thursday, February 8, and we’re asking you to join us in extending your support to current and future students through a gift meaningful to you. We are challenging 125 faculty and staff to make a gift during #YCPGives, and if we hit that goal together, our group will give a group gift to support students! Help us reach this challenge goal with a gift to the area of support you care about most."

Faculty & Staff Philanthropy Steering Committee and Faculty & Staff Campaign Cabinet Members

Curious about other ways to support #YCPGives? Sign up to be a #YCPGives Advocate and help spread the word! Click the button below or email Elizabeth Burns Frey at eburns4@ycp.edu.

Save the date for #YCPGives on February 8, 2024

Faculty and StaffFrequently Asked Questions

  • I work at York, why should I also donate to the College?

    Gifts to York College have a powerful effect on the college’s ability to remain a premier destination for students seeking an education that integrates career preparation with a strong foundation in the liberal arts.

    It is hard to ask the community to support York if we don’t believe in our work enough to invest in it ourselves. Corporations and foundations look for high levels of support from our faculty and staff when making funding decisions, as well. Therefore, your gift to the College could result in YCP receiving significantly more funding in the form of grants. Please note: York is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and all gifts are tax-deductible.

  • Does my gift really make a difference?

    Yes! The more people who choose to give, the greater the collective impact will be. Faculty and staff giving has a direct impact on every student and helps YCP thrive.

    Support from faculty and staff members sends a powerful message to the broader community about our commitment to students and the mission of the College.

  • How is my gift going to benefit York College, my colleagues, and me?

    York has a rich history of philanthropy that has paved the way for capital improvements, new academic and research programs, and offerings that benefit the York community. As a staff or faculty member, you are a valued part of the YCP community, and when the College benefits, the community benefits. By creating opportunities for flexibility and innovation not often provided by other traditional funding mechanisms, philanthropy allows York to bridge gaps in scholarship and student-experience funding, provide seed funding for innovative research, and improve operations. As a result, YCP continues to be an attractive place to work and to teach—and when we continue to attract the best faculty and staff collaborators, we all benefit.


  • Where is the money going?

    Money given in an unrestricted fashion goes to the area of greatest need at YCP; generally, this means gifts are used to maintain existing programs on campus, as well as hire superb faculty and staff, provide updated technology, and grow the opportunities for student involvement. It has the highest impact on the most students and student programs!

    Money given in a restricted fashion can be given to directly support a single program or field of study on campus. These monies can also be given to support student scholarships and athletics through Spartan Advance.

  • Is this donation tax deductible?

    Yes! York College of Pennsylvania is a 501(c)(3) organization as determined by the Internal Revenue Service. Your gift may qualify as a charitable deduction for federal income tax purposes. Please consult your tax advisor to determine whether your contribution is deductible.


  • How much of my money is actually donated to the College?

    100% of gifts given to YCP are donated to the College. No percentages are given to other sources.

    For each gift given to a specific sport, 25% of the gift goes to support the overall Spartan Advance, for items such as recovery tubs, fields, practice facilities, and recruitment. The other 75% goes to the donor’s choice of sport—the teams use these funds for uniforms, equipment, camps, travel and meals.

    All gifts given to the Spartan Advance without the designation of a particular sport go 100% to the general Spartan Advance Fund.


Contact Us
York College Fund
Grantley Hall, 16
Phone: 717.815.2217