Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
York College of Pennsylvania’s Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) program is a Master of Science program designed to prepare nurses to specialize in the diagnosis and management of patients with mental health conditions.
The PMHNP track provides students with a solid theoretical foundation and clinical experiences in a variety of patient care settings. Our small class sizes and blended course delivery gives you the best of both worlds: select face to face classes with our experienced faculty and enhanced within-course flexibility. As you study to become an advanced practice nurse you will learn how to provide cutting edge, evidence-based practice in a role that is in high demand, giving you skills to contribute to improving healthcare outcomes. Upon graduation, students are eligible to sit for the national PMHNP certification exam.
Join this growing field and enter the Master of Science in Nursing Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program at York College of Pennsylvania.
- 48 credit hours
- 672 clinical hours in psychiatric/mental health settings
- Personal mentoring with highly qualified and skilled faculty
- Preparation to meet the requirements to sit for a national certification exam
- Accessibility to preceptors who will guide your clinical learning
- Application Deadline: June 1 (Fall Start)