Careers in Sport Management
No matter your interests, York College’s experienced faculty will guide you toward real-world opportunities that allow you to build a strong professional network in your preferred subject area.
These are just a few of the many career opportunities available to graduates of the sport management program:
- Athletic Director
- Sport Marketer
- Community Relations Manager
- Stadium Operations Administrator
- Event Manager
- Sports Information Director
- Fitness Center Manager
- Ticket Sales Manager
- Conference Administrator
Alumni of York College’s Sport Management program have gone on to work with a number of exciting professional organizations, including Adidas, Baltimore Orioles, Baltimore Ravens, DC United of Major League Soccer, Miami Heat, New Jersey Devils, York Revolution, and many others.
Sport Management Salary Information
The salary for sport management careers varies, depending on your specific role and location. Indeed.com reports that, on average, athletic directors make $62,000 per year, with top earners reaching salaries over $100,000. Marketing managers earn a median salary around $66,000, while jobs like community relations coordinator or event manager average closer to $50,000 annually.
Sport Management Degree Benefits
With growing demand for sports management professionals and new roles in areas like esports, there are benefits to a degree in Sport Management that go beyond your future paycheck.
- Strong growth of the sport management industry means job security and new opportunities.
- Follow your passion. If you love sports, there’s no other career path that will be as fulfilling.
- Job flexibility. Whether you’re ultimately seeking to become a coach, team executive, PR manager, or community leader, this degree will prepare you for a variety of jobs that suit your interests.
- Travel and experience. Many of the careers available to graduates of a sports management degree program offer the ability to travel across the globe for events or other job responsibilities.