Spring on the York College campus

Facility Services

The York College Facility Services office represents the Building Maintenance, Energy Controls, Custodial Services and Grounds. Our offices serve York College facilities and the community by maintaining infrastructure and assisting with everyday needs relating to the facilities on campus. See us for facility needs within residence halls, academic buildings and the campus grounds - just submit a work request. We oversee:

Building Maintenance and Energy Controls

  • Responsible for infrastructure maintenance, physical upkeep of buildings and building systems, heating/cooling systems and energy conservation.

Custodial Services

  • Responsible for cleaning of buildings and set-up requirements for events.

Grounds Maintenance

  • Responsible for the upkeep of the Campus grounds and exteriors.
Kings Mill Depot, home of York College facility services
Kings Mill Depot, home of facility services

Facility FAQ

  • What should I do if I have a facilities-related request?

    Please contact the Facility Services Office at 717.815.1351. Regular office hours are Monday - Friday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.  Have the following information available:  A detailed description of the issue; Name; Contact number; Building name; and room number - include the letter (A, B, or C) if applicable and refer to the directional (left/right) based on looking into a room from the doorway.

    Having this information available will help expedite the repair process.  The more detailed description and location you are able to provide allows for Facility Services staff to address the issue timely and accurately.

  • What should I do if I have a facilities-related emergency?

    If an emergency occurs outside of regular office hours (Monday - Friday, 6 a.m. - 6 p.m.), please contact Campus Safety at 717.815.1314 and an on-call staff member will be contacted.

    Examples of emergencies are as follows: no heat and room temperature is below 60 degrees; no hot water; power outage that extends beyond outlets in room; overflowing toilet (or any running water issues); toilet is unusable and there is only one toilet available (i.e. - apartment style housing); severe leaks; elevator entrapment; anything that effects life safety; anything that could cause personal harm; or anything that left unattended could cause property damage.

    Facility Services reserves the right to make the determination based on the information given that a situation is a non-emergency.

  • What are non-emergency facilities-related requests?

    Examples of non-emergencies are as follows: light out, broken furniture, broken screens, pest issues, graffiti removal, clogged sinks, and toilet issues that do not involve flowing water when several toilets are still accessible (i.e. - traditional residence hall areas).  If you have a non-emergency request during hours when the office is not open, please contact us to leave a message and we will address it the following work day.

  • Submit a Work Request

    In order to submit a Facility Services work order, please log in to MyYCP and click on the Footprints icon. Choose the Service Catalog tab, double click on Facilities, and select the category of the service or issue you would like to report. You can also send an email to facilityservices@ycp.edu or call during normal business hours 717.815.1351

    If you have a work order emergency after hours, please contact the Department of Campus Safety at 717.815.1314.  When reporting an issue, please be as detailed as possible.  Include your name, contact information, where you live on-campus, description of the problem, the location of the issue, and if anyone else is affected.

    *Emergencies are typically a broken pipe, flooded bathroom, no heat in extremely low temperatures, etc... Light bulbs that are no longer working should wait until the next business day to be repaired.

  • Can I make an appointment for my facilities-related request?

    We do require appointments to be made for bed requests, furniture requests and pest related issues. Please provide a time frame when you will be available when you submit your request. We do not make appointments for maintenance related repairs. When you submit a request, our staff will access your room/apartment to make the repair. The maintenance staff is instructed to knock several times before entering, as well as verbally announce their presence.

  • What should I do if I lose my room key or have a broken lock?

    Residence hall lock and key issues are handled through the Residence Life Office.  Please contact them directly at 717.815.1281 or residencelife@ycp.edu. You can also stop by their office in Student Union, 3rd floor.  If a key or lock issue is an emergency (i.e. - broken key stuck in lock, cannot unlock door), please contact the Campus Safety Office emergency phone at 717.815.1314.

  • What is the College standard for temperature control issues?

    The York College standard for temperature control inside regulated buildings is 68 - 72 degrees for heating and 72 - 76 for cooling.  York College reserves the right to adjust settings once the need is deemed necessary.  We appreciate your understanding during the transitional months as temperatures fluctuate and residence hall spaces may become uncomfortable at times; however, a permanent change is not made until temperatures remain consistent to warrant need.  If at any time the temperatures within the residence halls are not within these standards, please contact the Facility Services Office.  We cannot guarantee we will be able to adjust the temperature as it will depend on the weather forecast and prevailing outdoor temperature.

  • Who should I contact for lost and found items?

    All lost and found items are turned into the Campus Safety Office.  Please contact their office directly at 717.815.1403 during regular office hours (Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.).

  • Who should I contact if my internet or cable services are not working correctly?

    All internet and cable issues, including broken or damaged data jacks and covers, are handled by the IT Help Desk.  Please contact the Help Desk at 717.815.1559 or ithelp@ycp.edu

  • Who should I contact if the washing machines or dryers are not working correctly?

    All laundry machine issues need to be reported to your Area Coordinator.  Please see your RA if you have questions about contacting your Area Coordinator or see the Contact Us information in the Residence Life Office. 

  • Who should I contact during inclement weather and removal of snow and ice?

    For information about delays and closing, please check the banner at the bottom of York College's website.  You can also call the weather hot line at 717.815.6789.  The banner and hot line are updated as weather situations change. 

    During periods of inclement weather, please contact the Facility Services Office to report specific areas of concern with snow and ice.  While our staff works very hard to keep walkways and parking lots clear during inclement weather, it can become difficult as the weather and freezing conditions continue.  We appreciate your understanding as we try to keep all areas clear and safe for use.  Please note that the sidewalks and porches of campus owned student houses are the responsibility of the residents.  Facility Services will be happy to provide shovels and salt as needed.

  • What sustainability and recycling efforts are offered at York College?
Contact Us
Facility Services
Kevin Feil, Director, Facility Services
Kings Mill Depot, 119
Phone: 717.815.1351

Offices of Facility Services
Kings Mill Depot, Room 123
(Located on Kings Mill Road between Grantley Road and S. Penn Street)

After Hours and Emergencies: 
Please call the Campus Safety office at 717.815.1314.