Jessica M. Fautch, Ph.D.
- Post-Doc, Oncology, University of Wisconsin-Madison 2009-2011
- Ph.D., Inorganic Chemistry, Purdue University 2008
- B.S., Chemistry, ACS certified, Viterbo University 2002
- Organic Chemistry
- General Chemistry
- Bioinorganic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- First-Year Seminar
- Selenium and vanadium complexes for cancer prevention
- Using yeast as a model organism for studying copper-induced oxidative DNA damage
- Chemistry education: flipped class, active learning, adaptive learning
- Completion of AACU PKAL STEM Leadership Institute, 2017
- NHGRI Training Program Postdoctoral Traineeship, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2009, 2010
- Fautch, J.M. and Foresman, J.B., "Students Own their Introductory Chemistry Experience: Becoming an Element for a Semester”. J. Coll. Sci. Teach. 2017, 46 (4) 40-45.
- Fautch, J.M. "The flipped classroom for teaching organic chemistry in small classes: is it effective?” Chem. Educ. Res. Pract. 2015, 16, 179-186.
- Shedlosky-Shoemaker, R. and Fautch, J.M. “Who Leaves, Who Stays? Psychological Predictors of Undergraduate Chemistry Students’ Persistence”. J. Chem. Educ. 2015, 92, 408-414.
- Fautch, J.M. and Wilker, J.J. “Solution Speciation, Kinetics, and Observing Reaction Intermediates in the Alkylation of Oxidovanadium Compounds”. Inorg. Chem. 2010, 49 (11) 4791-4801.
- Fautch, J.M., Fanwick, P.E., and Wilker, J.J. “Oxidovanadium Complexes for the Consumption of Alkylating Toxins”. Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 2009, 33-37.
- Fautch, J.M. "Enhancing STEM education through a residential learning community: STEM Scholars." AAC&U's Transforming STEM Higher Education Conference, Atlanta, GA, November 2018.
- Crimmins, C., Fautch, J. and Niesen, L., "Using Adaptive Learning Technology To Improve Student Learning In STEM Courses." OLC Accelerate 2018, Orlando, FL, November 2018.
- Fautch, J.M. "Adaptive learning technology in general chemistry: Does it support student success?” Biennial Conference on Chemical Education (BCCE), Notre Dame University, South Bend, IN, July 2018
- Fautch, J.M. “Why Flip? Should You Consider it? What Will it Take?” Lily Spring International Conference on College and University Teaching and Learning, Bethesda, MD, June 2015.
- Fautch, J.M., Smits, B.M, Haag, J.D., and Gould, M.N. “Investigations of Possible Link Between Gene Expression and Non-coding Variants in the Mammary Cancer Susceptibility Locus Mcs1c”. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Conference: Biology of Genomes, Cold Spring Harbor, NY, May 2011.
- Director of STEM Scholars Program, Interdisciplinary Residential Learning Community at York College of PA
- Member, American Chemical Society
- Member, National Science Teachers Association