Kala Meah, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Wyoming, 2007
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, South Dakota State University, 2003
- B.S., Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, 1998
- Power Electronics
- Power Systems
- Renewable Energy Integration
- Smart Grid
- Electromagnetic Fields
- Power Systems Optimization
- Renewable Energy Integration
- Undergraduate Research
- Engineering Education
- Best Presentation, "Building Community Relationships with a Senior Design Experience," 2015 International Conference of Business and Applied Sciences Academy of North America (BAASANA), August 12-14, 2015, New York City, USA
- DOE Grant to Revitalize Electric Power Engineering Education by State-of-the-Art Laboratories, 2010-2013
- York College Faculty Development Research Grant, 2008-2009, 2016-2017
- Nicholson, G.J. Guthrie Power System Research Scholarship, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, University of Wyoming, 2004-2005, 2006-2007
- Kala Meah, Wayne Blanding, James Moscola, Nicole Hesson, “A Community-Based Capstone Design Project to Build an Automated Urban Greenhouse,” International Journal of Learning and Teaching, vol. 7, issue 2, June 2021, pp. 59-67. doi: 10.18178/ijlt.7.2.59-67
- Kala Meah, Donald Hake II, and Stephen Wilkerson, “Design, Build, and Test Drive a Formula SAE Electric Vehicle,” The Journal of Engineering, The Institute of Engineering and Technology, vol. 2020, issue 10, October 2020, pp. 863-869. doi: 10.1049/joe.2020.0015
- Kala Meah, Donald Hake II, and Stephen Wilkerson, "A Multidisciplinary Capstone Design project to Satisfy ABET Student Outcomes," Education Research International, Hindawi Publication, Volume 2020, Article ID 9563782, June 01, 2020. doi:10.1155/2020/9563782.
- Eleanor Leung, Kala Meah, James Moscola, Donald Hake II, Richard Bosse, Cara Sperbeck, Chad Wickard, Jeffrey Walker, Jennifer Owrutsky, Kaitlyn Graf, Robert Acierno, Abigail Wright, Jason Mickenberg and Hank Smeltzer, “Design of an Automated Bubble Detection Device for Neuroangiography,” IEEE International Conference on Environment and Electrical Engineering and IEEE Industrial and Commercial Power Systems Europe (EEEIC / I&CPS Europe), Bari, Italy, 7- 10 September, Bari, Italy, 2021. doi: 10.1109/EEEIC/ICPSEurope51590.2021.9584823
- James Moscola, Kala Meah, Wayne Blanding, Chase Bleacher, Kyle Langrill, and Tylor Brown, “An Intelligent Control System for an Urban Greenhouse,” IEEE International Conference on Environment and Electrical Engineering and 2020 IEEE Industrial and Commercial Power Systems Europe (EEEIC / I&CPS Europe), June 9-12, 2020, Madrid, Spain. doi: 10.1109/EEEIC/ICPSEurope49358.2020.9160669
- Workshop on “Assessment and Evaluation of Complex Engineering Problems and Activities as well as Life-long Learning” for the Faculty Members of the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering of Southeast University, Tejgaon, Dhaka, Bangladesh on 28 December, 2021.
- Keynote Speech on “4th Industrial Revolution beyond Post-COVID Prognosis: Emerging Innovations for Next New Normal,” International Conference on Electronics and Informatics 2021 (ICEI 2021), Bangladesh Electronics and Informatics Society, November 27-28, 2021, Atomic Energy Centre, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Panel Discussion on “Outcome Based Engineering Education—Importance and Processes,” 22nd IEEE International Conference on Computer and Information Technology, December 18-20, 2019, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Paper presentation at the IEEE 20th International Conference on Environment and Electrical Engineering, June 9-12, 2020, Madrid, Spain.
- Paper presentation at the IEEE 19th International Conference on Environment and Electrical Engineering, June 11-14, 2019, Genova, Italy.