Patti Stirk '87/MBA '99
President & CEO Star Systems Engineering, Inc. d/b/a SMALL STAR Art House
"York College showed me firsthand how to efficiently use resources and build a quality organization. A wide variety of courses expanded my understanding of critical thinking, which helped me drive my business to new heights."
Current City: York, PA
YCP Degrees: Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems; Master of Business Administration
- Professionally, founded and operated her own technology companies as well as a local art house, SMALL STAR Art House, which has become a staple of Downtown York and the WeCo neighborhood
- Volunteers and serves on a number of boards including the Pennsylvania Commission for Women, York County Community Foundation, York Industrial Development Authority, Downtown Inc., Rotary Club of York, and Appell Center for the Performing Arts
- YCP Student Involvement: Women’s Basketball and Volleyball teams, Phi Sigma Chi, Data Processing Management Association (DPMA), and the MBA Student Association
- As an alumna, Patti served on the Alumni Board of Directors as Secretary for two years before serving as President from 1998-2000 and retired from the Board in 2004
- Patti considers her greatest achievement to be the creation and operation of three successful business in the following industries: technology, real estate, and arts and entertainment.
- Serves as an advisor and mentor to the Graham Innovation Scholars and facilitated a number of workshops for these students
- Acts as the Founding Chair for the Graham School of Business’ Dean’s Advisory Council
- Patti is married to a fellow Spartan, Jeffrey Hines ’97, who currently serves on the York College Board of Trustees
Connect with Patti:
View all of the Year of 50 Spartans award recipients.