Lynda Graham '99
President & Co-founder Share the Voice, Inc., and League of YES, Inc.
"York College gave me the confidence to be more outgoing and take risks without worrying about failing. It gave me an education, lifelong friendships I treasure to this day, and a direction and focus in life. YCP is where I learned that I didn’t need to be a teacher, a nurse, or a finance person. I could combine all my skills and create what I wanted to be."
Current City: East Brunswick, NJ
YCP Degree: BA Therapeutic Recreation
- Married and the mother of three boys, the oldest having a rare genetic disorder, which served as the inspiration behind her foundation: Share the Voice
- Started a successful nonprofit organization and has been leading an organization that has now given away over 150 specialized tricycles to disabled children throughout New York in five years and now expanding operations to include New Jersey
- Raised hundreds of thousands of dollars and has been highlighted on multiple news shows, been written about by numerous newspapers and websites, and was featured on the TV talk show Harry
- Vice President of the League of YES, a baseball league dedicated to providing disabled children with an opportunity to play baseball
- Presenter at schools and youth groups to discuss children’s disabilities
- Earned a Master’s of Arts degree in Industrial and Organization Psychology from Hofstra University in 2004
- Awarded a commendation for service to the community by Nassau County
- YCP Student Leader Involvement: Alpha Sigma Tau and Residence Life
Connect with Lynda:
View all of the Year of 50 Spartans award recipients.