#YCPGives, York College's 24-hour giving event, is set for Feb. 17
#YCPGIVES – York College’s 24-hour giving event – is set for Feb. 17. The goal is to have those who love and support the College make gifts to the areas that are most meaningful to them.
Who’s supporting the event (and giving to YCP!)?
- 110 alumni, students, faculty, and staff have signed up to help promote #YCPGives throughout the day by posting on social media and reaching out to friends to encourage support.
- Within the York community, alumni are participating and showing their support at work. For example, York Water Company has a large number of employees who are YCP alumni, so they are all wearing #YCPGIVES shirts and have committed to make a gift.
Where can I go for info?
- On campus, there will be #YCPGIVES "Hubs" (for example, in the Iosue Student Union Lobby) where individuals can go for prizes, to make a gift, and to learn more.
- Online, the #YCPGIVES page will feature incentives, videos, messages from advocates, and donor information.
Why should I give on #YCPGIVES?
- A number of challenges will be issued through the day to increase the impact of support. (A complete list if available on the #YCPGIVES page.) This year is the first for a challenge among students in each of the five schools.
- Athletics is part of the day again this year and is working to increase overall support for all teams this year. They also have a challenge for the team that has the highest percentage of alumni participating.