Students walk across sidewalks on the campus quad during springtime; trees bloom over the walkway.



The Registrar's Office provides services related to student records, course registration, and scheduling.

A group of several students walk down a long set of outdoor steps outside the Performing Arts Center.

A Central Hub for Course Scheduling and Your Academic Record

The Registrar is a resource to assist with information about your enrollment at York College and the progress you're making toward your degree. The office's responsibilities include:

  • Schedule of Classes and Timetables
  • Course Registration
  • Undergraduate and Graduate and Professional Programs Academic Catalogs
  • CAPP Degree Evaluation
  • Enrollment Verifications

We also work hand-in-hand with the Transfer Resource Center to ensure that incoming students are able to smoothly transition eligible credits from previous academic institutions into their records at YCP.

Current Students

New Students

If you wish to enroll at York College as a new, transfer, or readmitted student, you must formally be admitted into a degree program. Our Admissions team can provide further information about the enrollment process or help you to submit an application. New, first-time, transfer, and readmitted Fall 2024 students must pay a deposit and work with an Admissions Counselor to schedule a meeting with Academic Advising to select classes. Students may request an appointment to be scheduled starting Monday, July 1st. 

Non-matriculated (non-degree) students and students who wish to pursue graduate or professional studies should submit the appropriate application through YCP Admissions. Non-matriculated and dual-enrolled students will submit course requests upon submission of the application to be registered starting Monday, July 1st, or after upon request. Contact an Admissions Counselor for more information. 

Current Students

If you are already a matriculated student at York College and it's time to register for classes, there are a few steps you can take to make the process as simple as possible.

  • Prepare
    • Know your major requirements. Review your Degree Plan and CAPP Degree Evaluation.
    • Make an appointment with your academic advisor at least one week before you plan to register for classes.
    • Review the Schedule of Classes for your program and check the Registration Timetable for your assigned time slot. View Graduate and Online Programs Schedule of Classes.
    • Make a list of the Course Reference Numbers (CRNs) for the classes you want next semester. Make sure you have a few extra courses listed as backups. 
  • Check Deposits and Holds
    • You should check for any holds on your account at least one week prior to registration so they can be resolved in a timely fashion. Holds may be related to parking violations, Health Center information, tuition balances, residence hall damage, etc. 
    • If you are registering for classes after the due date set by the Business Office, payment in full is expected that same day.
    • All newly matriculated students have an Advisor Hold placed on their account for their first two semesters of enrollment. This hold prohibits registration for classes until it is released by a student's Academic Advisor, following a meeting between the student and advisor to discuss coursework, scheduling, and academic progress.

Course Registration (Adding/Dropping Courses)

  1. To register for classes, you must first sign into the MyYCP portal.
  2. Click on Student Services, followed by Registration, then Add/Drop Classes. 
  3. Next, you will Select a Term and enter your CRNs into the spaces available at the bottom of the page. 

If you need to drop a class, click on the Action box and select Web Drop. Be sure to Submit Changes at the bottom of the page.

During the Add/Drop period, returning students can make changes to their schedule through the MyYCP portal. New students should consult with their advisor before making schedule changes. Students taking summer courses are limited to taking two 3-credit or 4-credit courses, plus one PAW credit during each summer session (excluding the "mini-mester" session, which is limited to one 3- or 4-credit course, plus one PAW credit).

View Student Schedule

To view the student's schedule of registered classes, select Student Detail Schedule. 

Winter Intersession Information 

Learn more about our Winter Intersession

Summer Registration

  • Registration for Summer 2024 terms begins Monday, February 5th at 9 a.m.
  • Students should begin the registration process by first speaking with their advisor.
  • Matriculated YCP students may register online for Summer courses.
  • Students may also register by completing the Summer Registration Form and emailing it to
  • Students are limited to taking two 3-credit or 4-credit courses, plus one PAW credit during each summer session (excluding the Mini-Mester session, which is limited to one 3 or 4-credit course, plus one PAW credit).
  • If more than three courses overlap across multiple sessions, the Registrar's Office approval is required before registering.
  • Students may take up to 19.5 credits for the entire summer semester.

While registering for classes using MyYCP, matriculated students may be presented with one or more of the common error codes below. 

  • Class or section is closed: When you have submitted your CRNs and a class is closed, you will receive a message telling you that the class or section is closed. You may petition the course instructor to overload you into their class, but they are not obligated to add you. If they do grant you permission for an overload, you need to have it in writing along with permission from the department chair. Both signatures need to be submitted to the Registrar's Office so that the class can be manually added to your schedule.
  • Time Conflict with (10001): You have already registered for a class that meets at the same time.
  • Preq and Test Score Error: There are prerequisites for this class that you have not yet completed.
  • Corq_(PSC152) req: This class requires a co-requisite to be taken at the same time. Example: PSC152 lecture and PSC153 lab.
  • Dup Crse with Sec (10887): You have attempted to register for the same section of a class more than once.
  • Major Restriction: This class is restricted to students within certain majors.
  • Class Restriction: You must be a certain class level (e.g., junior, senior, etc.) to register for this class.
  • Maximum Hours Exceeded: You have attempted to register for more credits than you are allowed to take. Please contact the Registrar's Office for further assistance.
  • Pass/Fail and Audit classes: You will be able to register for Pass/Fail or Audit classes by clicking on the highlighted Grade Mode and adjusting or selecting the grade mode accordingly. You can also navigate to Change Class Options and select Pass/Fail or Audit for the appropriate class(es).
  • Credit Load Information: Part-time students may register for up to 11.5 credits. Full-time students must register for a minimum of 12 credits. There is a flat tuition fee for 12-18 credits with additional fees starting at 18.5 credit hours. Students with a 3.0 cumulative GPA may register for up to 21 credit hours per semester upon payment of the appropriate additional fees.

Current Students: Fall 2024 Registration Timetable

All Spring 2024 and Fall 2024 newly matriculated students (first-year students, transfers, and readmits) must see their Academic Advisor before registering for classes. Registration will not be permitted until Academic Advisor approval has been issued. Registration is subject to clearance of any account holds. 

Current students: This timetable has been developed based on the number of undergraduate credits earned at the end of Fall 2023. Students may register at their appointed time, or any time thereafter. Registering at your appointed time is recommended.

Tuesday, April 2
  • Veterans - beginning at 9 a.m.
  • Graduate and Professional Online Program Students - beginning at 9 a.m.
  • Second Degree Students - beginning at 10 a.m.
  • Students with 90+ earned credits - beginning at 10 a.m.
Wednesday, April 3
  • Students with 75-89.5 earned credits - beginning at 9 a.m.
Thursday, April 4
  • Students with 60-74.5 earned credits - beginning at 9 a.m.
  • Athletes - beginning at 11 a.m.
Friday, April 5
  • Students with 45-59.5 earned credits - beginning at 9 a.m.
Monday, April 8
  • Students with 30-44.5 earned credits - beginning at 9 a.m.
Tuesday, April 9
  • Students with 15-29.5 earned credits - beginning at 9 a.m.
Wednesday, April 10
  • Students with 0-14.5 earned credits - beginning at 9 a.m.

Students who wish to declare or change their major, minor or constellation must complete the Change in Student Record Form

Once your major has been updated, you may be assigned a new academic advisor in your chosen major.

Restricted Programs

Several academic majors have restricted access and require a faculty signature to be admitted into the restricted program. A paper version of the Change in Student Record Form must be obtained from the Registrar's Office or Academic Advising Center and provided to the appropriate faculty member for information and/or a signature for program admission.

MajorContactLocationPhone Email
BiochemistryJessica FautchCampbell Hall, 211A717.815.1328 
BiologyWendy BoehmlerAppell Life Sciences,
Cannabis ChemistryJessica FautchCampbell Hall, 211A717.815.1328 
Civil Engineering  Steve Kuchnicki Kinsley Engineering, 102 717.815.1547 
Computer EngineeringDavid BabcockKinsley Engineering,
Computer Science David BabcockKinsley Engineering,
Early Elementary Ed. (PreK-4)Kimberly SuttonAppell Life Sciences,
Early Elem/Special EducationKimberly SuttonAppell Life Sciences,
Electrical EngineeringDavid BabcockKinsley Engineering,
Environmental ScienceJessica NolanNaylor Ecological Center, 02717.815.6449 
Fine ArtMatt InksterWolf Hall,
Forensic ChemistryGregory FoyCampbell Hall, 
Graphic DesignMatt InksterWolf Hall,
Human ServicesJennifer EnglerAppell Life Sciences,
International BusinessMichele YoderWillman Business Center,
Mechanical EngineeringSteve KuchnickiKinsley Engineering,
Medical ImagingElizabeth ShearerAppell Life Sciences,
Medical Lab SciencesBobbi PattonAppell Life Sciences,
Middle Level/K12 EducationKimberly SuttonAppell Life Sciences,
Middle Level/Special EducationKimberly SuttonAppell Life Sciences,
Music (B.A.)Matt InksterWolf Hall,
Music (Music Industry & Recording Technology)Matt InksterWolf Hall,
NursingStacy LutterDiehl Hall,
Post-Baccalaureate Certificates (Education)Kimberly SuttonAppell Life Sciences,
Premedical ScienceWendy BoehmlerAppell Life Sciences, 
PsychologyJennifer EnglerAppell Life Sciences,
Public RelationsMichele YoderWillman Business Center,
Radiography/Nuclear Med. Tech.Elizabeth ShearerAppell Life Sciences,
Respiratory TherapyLyndee KniselyYork
Secondary Education Kimberly SuttonAppell Life Sciences,
Social Enterprise and Not-for-Profit ManagementMichele YoderWillman Business Center,
Sport ManagementMolly SauderDiehl Hall,
Sport MediaMolly SauderDiehl Hall,
UndeclaredStephanie PeragoCampbell Hall, 

What is Independent Study?

Independent Study involves a well-defined individual research project, supervised by a faculty member and completed without formal class meetings. These opportunities allow students to gain experience doing research and working closely with faculty mentors within their discipline, all while gaining academic credit for their work. Since such projects involve less formal classroom time than regular courses, effective Independent Study experiences require an increase in student responsibility and initiative throughout the learning process. 

Requirements for Independent Study

  • Only matriculated students at York College will qualify for an Independent Study.
  • Students must have successfully completed a minimum of 60 credits at the time of application.
  • Students must hold a minimum of a 2.5 cumulative GPA at the time of application.
  • The application for Independent Study must be approved by a student's academic department chair by the last day of Add/Drop during the desired semester of study. No extensions will be granted.
  • All tuition and fees must be paid according to Business Office deadlines.

Applying for Independent Study

Students may download the Application for Independent Study or obtain a paper copy from the Registrar's Office. The form should be completed by the student, including a comprehensive summary describing the nature, objectives, and evaluation format of the desired Independent Study experience. Forms should then be signed by the Department Chair and submitted to the Registrar's Office for entry into the student's schedule. 

Independent Study may be completed during the fall or spring semesters, or during Special Session in the summer.

Off-Campus Study Approval Process
Current York College students who wish to take coursework at another accredited institution and transfer the credits back to York College must complete the Off-Campus Study Approval form. Students should consult with their academic advisor and obtain approval from the Registrar’s Office to proceed. If a student is seeking General Education distinction for a course, additional approval from the Director of General Education is necessary.

Transfer Credit Policies
Students are encouraged to review York College's Transfer Policy in the College Catalog under Academic Records and Registration > Transfer Credit Policies to ensure a smooth and efficient credit transfer process. Credits will be transferred only for courses in which a student has earned a grade of "C" (2.0 on a 4.0 scale) or higher. While credit hours for these courses may be transferred, grades and quality points will not transfer. Students may not repeat a course off-campus that has already been completed at York College. Additionally, students must complete the last 30 credit hours of their program of study at York College.

To facilitate a successful transfer of credits, it is advisable for students to consult closely with their advisor regarding their course selections at other institutions. It is also the student's responsibility to ensure that the college or university listed on the approval form sends an official transcript to York College once grades are available.

The CAPP (Curriculum, Advising, and Program Planning) system is used to track a student's coursework toward their degree requirements. Students and their Academic Advisors use this as a tool to help manage course scheduling and degree planning, while academic departments and the Registrar's Office will use CAPP Degree Evaluations to certify students for graduation from York College.

Matriculated students are able to run CAPP degree evaluations using their MyYCP username and password.

How to Use Your CAPP Evaluation

CAPP Degree Evaluation can be accessed by both students and Academic Advisors to review academic progress in your major or any other major offered by York College. The CAPP displays (1) all of the requirements needed to complete your degree, (2) how each course you have registered for and/or completed fulfills each requirement, and (3) which requirements still need to be fulfilled.

You can access your CAPP through the MyYCP portal and YCPWeb. Students are encouraged to run a CAPP Degree Evaluation each semester before they register for the next semester's classes. Keeping a copy of your CAPP on hand is helpful when meeting with your Academic Advisor, as it will indicate both completed coursework and courses that are still outstanding in your curriculum. 

*A student's CAPP is divided into the various areas of the major, such as the core curriculum courses, the major requirements, free electives, and any other unique requirements. These requirements can also be viewed in the Academic Catalog.

What if I don't know my major yet (or I'm considering switching majors)? 

The CAPP Degree Evaluation includes a function that allows matriculated students to create a "What-If" analysis. This is especially useful for undeclared majors, or for those who are considering changing from one major to another.

CAPP Resources for Faculty

Please visit the Faculty CAPP Substitution/Target/Waiver Qualtrics Form.

For an overview of how to submit the Faculty CAPP Substitution/Target/Waiver Qualtrics Form, view our tutorial video: How to Submit a Qualtrics CAPP

Each year, York College publishes updated digital Undergraduate and Graduate and Professional Programs Academic Catalogs. The Catalog contains information about academic majors and programs, required and elective courses, general education requirements, academic standards, and more. 

Students should reference the edition of the Academic Catalog from the year in which the student matriculated into their York College academic program. 

Note: Students in master's, doctorate, or professional certificate programs should be sure to reference the Graduate and Professional Programs Catalog from their incoming academic year.

Find Your Academic Catalog

Request Transcripts or Enrollment Verification

How to Request Your Transcript

Transcripts can be ordered online 24/7 through the National Student Clearinghouse.

  • You can place as many orders as you like in one session using any major credit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed.
  • Order updates are available via mobile text message and will also be emailed to you. You can track your order online using your email address and order number.

For electronic transcripts, the emailed download link is only available for 30 days from the date on the email. However, once you access the transcript, you may download/save a copy of it to your computer. A local copy of the transcript can be saved/opened indefinitely. 

*NOTE: All financial obligations to the College must be cleared before transcript requests will be honored.

Request a TranscriptCheck Transcript Order Status

Request Verification of Your Degree

The National Student Clearinghouse is our authorized agent for Degree Verifications for students who graduated from May 1980 through the present.

Degree Verifications are:

  • Frequently used by employers to verify that applicants have, in fact, obtained a degree reported on an employment application. This is NOT the same as a transcript request or an enrollment verification (which is commonly requested by student's insurance companies).
  • Obtained by contacting:

*Note: There is a fee for each verification, and a user account must be established before use.

For degree verifications for students who graduated PRIOR to May 1980, please contact the Registrar's Office at 717.815.1504.

Request Degree Verification

Request Verification of Enrollment at York College of Pennsylvania

Free self-service official enrollment verifications are now available to MyYCP users through the National Student Clearinghouse. It is widely accepted by third parties such as health insurance, credit issuers, housing providers, employers, and others, and includes the enrollment term dates as well as indication of full-time or part-time status. 

When can I get an official enrollment verification?

  • Previous terms are always available;
  • Summer terms are available the week after the official term ends.

How to Request Enrollment Verification

  1. Log into MyYCP to access Enrollment Verifications.
  2. Click the link to National Student Clearinghouse.
  3. Select "Current enrollment" or "All enrollment"
  4. Select "Obtain an enrollment certificate."
  5. Print your enrollment verification form.
  6. Log off of the National Student Clearinghouse website.
  7. Submit the enrollment certificate to the third party requiring proof of your enrollment status.

Questions? Contact the Registrar's Office at 717.815.1273 or

Access MyYCP


What is an Apostille?

An apostille is essentially a certificate of authenticity for a U.S. document (i.e. diploma or a transcript). As of Oct. 15, 1981, the U.S. became a member of the 1961 Hague Convention which abolished the requirement of legalization for foreign public documents. The Convention provides for the simplified certification of public (including notarized) documents to be used in countries that have joined the convention. Under the Hague Convention, signatory countries have agreed to recognize public documents issued by other signatory countries if those public documents are authenticated by the attachment of an internationally recognized form of authentication known as an apostille.

View a list of Hague Conference countries.

How Do I Obtain an Apostille or Certification?

The student is responsible for the entire apostille application process. The Registrar's Office does not offer notary services. If a student needs transcripts and/or their diploma notarized, they will need to set up and pay for arrangements for a mobile notary to come to the Registrar's Office. They will also need to make arrangements for the diploma and the official transcript to be at the Registrar's Office during the notarization.

For additional information on apostilles, please visit the Pennsylvania Department of State's website.

Other Resources

Transfer Resource Center

York College has resources to help you transition to life on campus and ensure that eligible credits from previous institutions transfer smoothly to your YCP records.

Veterans and Service Members

York College is a Military Friendly School, with staff who are knowledgable about VA education benefits and resources available to provide military-connected students with necessary support.

Student Privacy and FERPA

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. View our FERPA policy for more information about how York College manages student records.

Applying for Graduation

Students must apply for graduation in advance of their expected Commencement date. Review important deadlines and learn more.

Registrar's Office Staff

View All Staff
Katie Myers
Katie Myers
Kristy Daniel
Kristy Daniel
Associate Registrar
Monica Gingrow
Monica Gingrow
Records & Veterans Assistant