For intramurals, we need officials for a variety of sports and while previous experience is preferred, it is not required for every sport. If you are interested in more details read the job description below.
All applications must be submitted through Handshake.
Intramural officials shall, to the best of his/her ability, officiate Intramural events in accordance to the rules of the sport and the policies of the program. He/she also has the responsibility of maintaining orderly conduct on the court or field, as well as performing other duties as outlined below.
Varies depending on the sport, game are typically scheduled Sunday - Thursdays between 2 –11 p.m.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend all required trainings and meetings
- Arrive at the court or field 15 minutes prior to your scheduled start time
- Follow proper sign-in and sign-out procedures with the Supervisor on duty
- Provide quality customer service to all participants, spectators and fellow staff members
- Fulfill all schedule obligations
- Assist the Supervisor with any field/court set-up and/or tear-down for an event
- Secure all game equipment at halftime (when necessary) and at the end of each game
- Assist the Supervisor in ensuring that all participants sign the scoresheet prior to each game
- Penalize participants in accordance with the rules of the sport or the program
- Have a thorough knowledge of all Intramural rules and policies, as well as sport specific rules
- Report any misuse of the facility or equipment to the Supervisor on duty
- Assist in carrying out the Emergency Action Plan
- Give each team a sportsmanship rating following each game
Qualifications and Expectations
- Punctuality and dependability
- Positive attitude toward work, fellow officials, superiors and participants
- Honesty and professionalism
- Knowledge of the rules of each sport and policies of the program
- Wear appropriate officials attire