Emily Garrigan '17
Certified Wildlife Rehabilitator, President West Shore Wildlife Center
"Definitely my greatest achievement since my time at YCP has been starting my own successful nonprofit wildlife rehabilitation and education center. This is a journey that started during my time at YCP and has been a goal I was working toward ever since. I founded the wildlife center in fall 2019 and we have been growing quickly ever since!"
Current City: Etters, NJ
YCP Degree: BS in Biology
- Certified Wildlife Rehabilitator through the International Wildlife Rehabilitation Council.
- Fully permitted PA state wildlife rehabilitator specializing in small mammals, reptiles, and birds.
- Founder and President of West Shore Wildlife Center (WSWC) in Etters, PA, managing the care of over 1,000 wild animals every year for release back into the wild.
- Full-time Technical Training Specialist II at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories in Leola, PA.
- Environmental educator and professional speaker on topics related to wildlife rehabilitation and conservation.
- Stays involved with YCP by networking with professors on research topics and data collection related to conservation biology and human impacts on the environment, and by offering internships at WSWC to current students.
- At YCP was a Vivarium, Microbiology, Anatomy and Physiology, Animal Physiology, and Ecology Lab Assistant.
Connect with Emily
View all of the 2021 Spartans of the Year award recipients.