Jennifer Pomeroy, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., University of Maryland, College Park (2012)
- M.A., University of Akron (1999)
- B.A., Xinjiang University (1990)
- World Regional Geography
- Introduction to Physical Geography - with lab component
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)- Introduction & Advanced
- Urban Land Use & Sustainability
- Globalizing Economic World
- Human Dimension of Global Change; Land Use & Land Cover Change; Political Ecology
- Mixed Research Design & Analysis
- GIS/Remote Sensing Applications
- East Asia; China
- Spring 2018 Innovation Teaching Grant
- Summer 2017 Faculty Summer Research Grant
- 2016 & 2017 FDC Travel Grant
- Most Influential Faculty Mentor, Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania, 2014-2015 & 2013-2014
- Distinguished Service Award, Regional Development and Planning Specialty Group, American Association of Geographers (AAG), 2011-2012
- John M. Weaver and Jennifer Pomeroy. Forthcoming 2018. Intelligence Analysis: Unclassified Area and Point Estimates, 2nd Edition. New York: NOVA Science Publishers.
- Pomeroy, Jennifer. Forthcoming. Asia and the Pacific: An Encyclopedia of Culture and Society – China. ABC-CLIO Corporate. Pomeroy, Jennifer. Forthcoming. Asia and the Pacific: An Encyclopedia of Culture and Society – Singapore. ABC-CLIO Corporate.
- Weaver, John M. and Jennifer Pomeroy. 2016. Intelligence Analysis: Unclassified Area and Point Estimates. ISBN: 978-1-53610-092-1. New York: NOVA Science Publishers.
- Pomeroy, Jennifer. 2016. Concluding Comments and Future Outlooks. In John Weaver and Jennifer Pomeroy (Eds), Intelligence Analysis: Unclassified Area and Point Estimate. New York: NOVA Science Publishers
- Pomeroy, Jennifer and Agnes Ragone. 2015. Charcoal Making and Deforestation in Gros Mangle, Haiti: Exploring Sustainability at Local Scale. The Pennsylvania Geographer 53(Fall/Winter) 48-70.
- American Association Geographers (AAG) 2018 Annual Meeting. April 10-14, 2018. New Orleans, Louisiana. Research paper presentation titled “Role of Rainforest Alliance in Sustainable Coffee Landscape in the Northern Highlands of Nicaragua
- Pennsylvania Geographical Society (PGS) 2017 Annual Meeting. November 10, 2017. Altoona, Pennsylvania. “Is agroforestry Intensification in Coffee Estate Sustainable? Case Study in Northern Highlands of Nicaragua”
- American Association Geographers (AAG) 2017 Annual Meeting. April 5- 9, 2017. Boston, Massachusetts. Research paper presentation titled “Gender-based Crimes in Indian Cities: Inclusion of Social Space in Urban Planning”
- Pennsylvania Geographical Society (PGS) 2016 Annual Meeting. November 4-5, 2016. Altoona, Pennsylvania. Research paper presentation titled “A Woman’s Place: Association of American Geographers 2016 Annual Meeting. March 29-April 2, 2016. San Francisco, CA. Poster Presentation titled “Exploring Charcoal Making and Deforestation in La Gonáve, Haiti.”
- The 13th International Asian Urbanization Conference. January 6-8, 2016. Yogykarta, Indonesia. Paper Presentation titled “A Woman’s Place: Examining Perceptions of Urban Social Space in India.” Pennsylvania Geographical Society 2015 Annual Meeting. November 6, 2015. West Chester, PA. “Examining Charcoal Industry and Sustainability in Gros Mangle, Haiti.”
- Faculty member of Student Welfare Committee.
- Chair of Asian Geography Specialty Group, American Association of Geographers Chair of Honors Committee, Regional Planning and Development Specialty Group of American Association of Geographers
- Director of Student Awards, Pennsylvania Geographic Society
- Board member of Little Star Chinese Language School, Harrisburg
- Member of American Association of Geographers
- Member of Pennsylvania Geographical Society