Nicole Hesson, Ed.D.
- B.S. Davidson College (2004) – Biology
- M.A.T. Johns Hopkins University (2007) – Secondary Science
- Ed.D. Temple University (2016) – Educational Administration
- Pennsylvania Instructional I Certificate, Biology 7-12
- Youth Mental Health First Aid Instructor
- QPR Certified Gatekeeper
- Education in Today’s Society
- Middle & Secondary Science Pedagogies
- Teaching Science Methods
- Curriculum Development
- Novice teachers
- Middle school teacher education
- Science Teaching
- Maitland P. Simmons Memorial Award for New Teachers, National Science Teachers Association (2007)
- Hesson, N., & DeSantis, J. (2019, April 23). Set the stage: Planning and assessing the candidate interview. Inside Higher Education. Available at https://www.insidehighered.com/advice/ 2019/04/23/planning-and-assessing-job-candidates-teaching-demonstration-opinion
- Hesson, N. (2018). Novice middle-level teachers’ perceptions of the congruity between field experience placement schools and employment schools. Pennsylvania Teacher Educator, 17, 42-56.
- DeSantis, J., & Hesson, N. (2018, March 27). Teach like you mean it. Inside Higher Education. Available at https://www.insidehighered.com/advice/2018/03/27/tips-top-notch-teaching-demo-opinion
- Forsyth, J., & Hesson, N. (2017, June). Benefits and challenges of transitioning to service-based multidisciplinary capstone projects. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Society for Engineering Education, Columbus, OH.
- Hesson, N. (2016). How do selected novice middle school teachers from various certification pathways perceive the effectiveness of their teacher preparation? Middle Grades Review, 2(1). Available at http://scholarworks.uvm.edu/mgreview/vol2/iss1/4