Nicole Hesson, Ed.D.
- B.S. Davidson College (2004) – Biology
- M.A.T. Johns Hopkins University (2007) – Secondary Science
- Ed.D. Temple University (expected 2015) – Educational Administration
- Pennsylvania Instructional I Certificate, Biology 7-12
- Maryland Professional Eligibility Certificate, Biology 7-12
- Education in Today’s Society
- Teaching of Secondary Science
- Teaching of Elementary Mathematics
- Curriculum Development
- Novice teachers
- Middle school teacher education
- Urban teacher education
- Maitland P. Simmons Memorial Award for New Teachers, National Science Teachers Association (2007)
- Hesson, N. (2013, April). Urban students creating media. Presented at the National Science Teachers Association National Conference: San Antonio, TX.
- Hesson, N. (2012, November). Engaging Students in Creating Their Own Media. Presented at the National Science Teachers Association Area Conference: Atlanta, GA.
- Hesson, N. (2012, October). The Science of Seat Belts. Presented at the National Science Teachers Association Area Conference: Louisville, KY.
- Hesson, N. (2012, May). Integrating STEM with Media Literacy. Presented at the National Science Teachers Association STEM Conference and Expo: Atlantic City, NJ.
- Submission Reviewer, MLER SIG and Division K, American Education Research Association
- Manuscript Reviewer, Science Scope, National Science Teachers Association
- Essay Competition Judge, Future Educators Association
- Proposal Reviewer, Association of Teacher Educators