- Ph.D., Computer Engineering, University of Central Florida, 2018
- M.S. Computer Science and Engineering, University of Nevada, Reno, 2015
- B.Sc. Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, 2011
- Design and Analysis of Digital Circuits
- Fundamentals of Computer Engineering
- Microprocessor System Design
- Embedded System Design
- Free-Space-Optical Communication
- UAV Networks and Communication
- Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
- Optical Wireless Communication for Virtual Reality Systems
- Best Paper Award at the ACM NOSSDAV 2021
- Graduate Research Fellowship, University of Nevada, Reno, 2014
- Jessica Vazquez-Estrada, Suman Bhunia, Mahmudur Khan, Yicheng Qian, and Nero Tran Huu. "Neighbor Discovery in a LoRa Assisted Multi-Transceiver Free-Space-Optical Network." Accepted, IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, Austin, Texas, April 2022.
- Jacob Chakareski, and Mahmudur Khan. "Wifi-VLC dual connectivity streaming system for 6DOF multi-user virtual reality." Proceedings of the ACM Workshop on Network and Operating Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video, Pages 106-113, Istanbul, Turkey, September 2021.
- Jacob Chakareski, Mahmudur Khan, Tanguy Ropitault, and Steve Blandino. "6DOF Virtual Reality Dataset and Performance Evaluation of Millimeter Wave vs. Free-Space-Optical Indoor Communications Systems for Lifelike Mobile VR Streaming." Proceedings of Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers, Pages 1051-1058, Virtual, November 2020.
- Mahmudur Khan, Jacob Chakareski, and Sabyasachi Gupta. "RF-FSO Dual-Path UAV Network for High Fidelity Multi-Viewpoint Scalable 360 Video Streaming." Proceedings of IEEE International Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing, Pages 1-6, Tampere, Finland, September 2020.
- Mahmudur Khan, and Jacob Chakareski. "Neighbor Discovery in a Free-Space- Optical UAV Network." Proceedings of IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), Waikoloa, HI, USA, December 2019.