Bridgette E. Hagerty, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Ecology, Evolution, and Conservation Biology, University of Nevada, Reno (2008)
- B.A., Biology, St. Mary's College of Maryland (2000)
- Conservation Biology
- Exploring Biology
- Biology Thesis
- Movement ecology and population ecology of reptiles and amphibians
- Conservation of amphibians and reptiles in York County Parks
- Impacts of ranavirus on amphibian communities
- Landscape ecology and genetics of pool-breeding amphibians
- Presidential Award for Teaching and Mentoring (2017)
- Faculty Institutions for Reforming Science Education (FIRST IV) NSF Postdoctoral Scholar, 2009-2011
- Garrigan, E.E., T.A. Young, and B.E. Hagerty. The cost of the outdoor cat and dog: rehabilitation of wildlife in southern Pennsylvania. National Wildlife Rehabilitator Association Journal. (in press)
- Hanson, K.M. and B.E. Hagerty. 2016. The influence of shifted spectral sensitivities on predator detection ability of Lake Malawi African cichlids. Journal of the Pennsylvania Academy of Sciences 90: 37- 43.
- Averill-Murray, R.C. and B.E. Hagerty. 2014. Translocation relative to spatial genetic structure of the Mojave desert tortoise, Gopherus agassizii. Chelonian Conservation and Biology 13: 35-41.
- Sandmeier, F.C., C.R. Tracy, B.E. Hagerty, S. DuPré, H. Mohammadpour, and K. Hunter. 2013. Mycoplasmal upper respiratory tract disease across the range of the threatened Mojave desert tortoise: associations with thermal regime and natural antibodies. Ecohealth 10: 63-71.
- Hagerty, B.E., K.E. Nussear, T.C. Esque, and C.R. Tracy. 2011. Making molehills out of mountains: a landscape genetic approach to connectivity for desert tortoises. Landscape Ecology 26: 267-280.
- Hagerty, B.E. 2017. Reptiles and Amphibians in Local Parks, a Research Update. Address to the York County Parks System. April 5, 2017.
- Hagerty, B.E. 2013. A tale of two desert reptiles: contrasting stories of gene flow and dispersal in the desert tortoise and chuckwalla. Shippensburg University. February 7, 2013
- Hagerty, B.E., C. R. Tracy, C. R. Tracy, S.J. Snyder, S. R. Wakeling, F.C. Sandmeier, and N. Maloney. 2012. Dissecting the genetic structure of the chuckwalla (Sauromalus ater) at two spatial scales. Seventh World Congress of Herpetology, Vancouver, B.C. Canada.
- Chair, Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
- Beta Beta Beta, Theta Epsilon Chapter, Advisor
- Pennsylvania Academy of Sciences
- The Wildlife Society
- Society for the Study of Amphibians and Reptiles