Stacy Lutter, D.Ed., R.N.-B.C.
- BSN, Duquesne University (1996)
- MSN, Widener University (2001)
- D.Ed., Pennsylvania State University (2011)
- Registered Nurse
- ANCC certification in cardiac-vascular nursing
- Pharmacology for Nurses
- Nursing Concepts and Practice: Adults with Chronic Health Problems
- Measurement and Evaluation in Nursing Education (MS in Nursing)
- Teaching Strategies in Nursing Education (MS in Nursing)
- Theoretical Basis for Role Development for Advanced Practice Nurses (MS in Nursing)
- Arts-based learning
- Interprofessional education
- Nursing retention
- Creativity in teaching practices
- Excellence in Nursing Education Award, Eta Eta Chapter of the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International, 2014.
- Faculty Commencement Speaker, 2012
- The Learned Society of Whispering Pines Graduate Student Award in Adult Education, Penn State University-Harrisburg, 2010
- Patient Choice Award, Pinnacle Health, 2007
- Lutter, S. L., Thompson, C. W., & Condon, M. C. (2017). Tutoring for success: Empowering graduate nurses after failure on the NCLEX-RN. Journal of Nursing Education, 56(12), 758. doi:10.3928/01484834-20171120-11
- Lutter, S. L., Pucino, C. L., & Jarecke, J. (2016). The use of arts-based projects in clinical education. Proceedings of the Adult Education Research Conference, Kansas State University Libraries, New Prairie Press (pp. 285-287).
- Lutter, S. L. (2015, October). Simulated medication adherence exercise. Retrieved from the Quality and Safety Education in Nursing website: http://qsen.org/simulated-medication-adherence-exercise/
- Lutter, S. L. (2011). Exploring the influence of gender on registered nurses’ intentions to leave the profession. Proceedings of the Adult Education Research Conference and Canadian Association for the Study of Adult Education, Toronto, Canada.
- Harne-Britner, S., Kreamer, C., Frownfelter, P., Helmuth, A., Lutter, S., Schafer, D. J., & Wilson, C. (2006). Medication calculation skills of practicing nurses. Journal for Nurses in Staff Development, 22, 190-195.
- Lutter, S. L. (2017). Why nurses leave nursing (invited presentation), Geisinger Holy Spirit Nursing Research/EBP Conference, Harrisburg, PA.
- Lutter, S., & Masters, K. (2017). Assessing communication and teamwork during pre-licensure interprofessional simulation (poster), 8th Annual Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) International Forum, Chicago, IL.
- Lutter, S. L. (2015). Partnering with Academic Support Services to improve nursing students' study skills (poster), Pennsylvania Association of Developmental Educators Conference, Hershey, PA.
- Lutter, S. L. (2011). An exploration of registered nurses’ intentions to leave the profession (oral presentation), International Healthcare Communication Conference, Chicago, IL.
- Lutter, S. L. (2010). Novice faculty as effective mentors in education and research (poster), Drexel University Nursing Education Institute Conference, Myrtle Beach, SC.
- RESOLVE (The National Infertility Organization), Peer Support Group Leader
- Article reviewer, Journal of Nursing Management and Nursing Education Perspectives
- Nursing Undergraduate Program Coordinator 2011-2017
- Sigma Theta Tau, Eta Eta Chapter Faculty Counselor, 2011-2015
- Academic Senate Executive Committee 2013-2018