Lisa Ruth-Sahd, D.Ed., R.N., C.E.N., C.C.R.N., C.N.E.
- B.S., York College of PA (1983)
- M.S.N., Villanova University (1988)
- DE.d., Penn State University (2004)
- Registered Nurse
- Certified in emergency nursing
- Certified in critical care nursing
- Perioperative Nursing
- Nursing Concepts and Practice: Adults with Chronic Health Problems
- Medical Surgical I: Adults with Chronic Health Problems
- Nursing Practicum
- Healthy work environments
- Intuitive knowing
- Holistic nursing care
- Women as learners
- Educational teaching strategies in the classroom and clinical setting
- Excellence in Nursing Mentorship from Eta Eta Chapter of the Honor Society of Nursing Sigma Theta Tau International, 2014
- Adult Education Graduate Student Research Award, AERC-CASAE, 2004
- Excellence in Nursing Research Award from Sigma Theta Tau International, Xi Chi Chapter, 2003
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award in Adult Education, Penn State University, 2002
- Nightingale Award Winner of Pennsylvania for Nursing Education, 1999
- Ruth-Sahd, L.A., Hauck, C. & Sahd-Brown, K.E. (2018). Collaborating with hospital chaplains to meet the spiritual needs of critical care patients. Dimensions of Critical Care Nursing.
- Ruth-Sahd, L.A., (2017). Growing specialty area exposure with an undergraduate perioperative nursing course. Nursing.
- Clay-Robison, S., & Ruth-Sahd, L. A., (2017). Strategies to create and sustain a healthy work environment in nursing education. Creative Nursing.
- Sahd, K. E., Ruth-Sahd, L.A., & Brazzo, K. (2017). Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophy. A Case Study: What Nurses Need to Know. Nursing.
- Ruth-Sahd, L. A., (2017). Impact of a summer extern program on nursing student’s awareness of interprofessional collaboration and healthy, healing environments: A Level II Quasi-Experimental Design. Nursing Education and Practice.
- Pediatric migraines, at Pharmacology Conference, Hershey, PA, April 2018, and at Nursing Conference, Hershey, PA, June 2018.
- Compassion fatigue in nurse educators. 44th Biennial Convention, Sigma Theta Tau International Convention, 2017. Indianapolis, IN.
- Why take a perioperative nursing course? (Poster) Collaborating with International Nursing Research Conference. Dallas, TX, June 2017.
- Fecal microbiota transplant: The case of Dorothy. International Nursing Research Conference. Dallas Texas, June 2017.
- Responding to diverse students: Best practice guidelines, National League for Nursing Education Summit Orlando, Florida, 2016.
- Member, advisory board, Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences RN to BSN Program, 2010-present
- Member, Parish Nurse Team, St. Leo Catholic Church, Lancaster, PA
- Wrote and received two Great-to-Greater grants with Dr. Melissa Schneider: one in 2015 to provide a continuing education program on gerontological nursing, and a second grant in 2018 to provide a continuing education program on trauma nursing.
- Preceptor for eight nursing education graduate students, 2008-present
- Reviewer, Dimensions of Critical Care Nursing journal, 2004-present
- Developed and implemented nurse extern program, Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, Lancaster, PA, 2000-present
- Expert witness, several law firms, 1999-present