Lorraine Prete '82
Attorney Kaslick & Prete, LLC
"My mother taught me to be kind to everyone no matter what their station in life is. It is simple and easy and well worth it. It has always amazed me to find attorneys who are rude to Judges’ assistants. Do they think the Judges don’t find out? The other was from a college roommate’s grandmother who said, “One bed, one purse, one church makes for a good marriage.” It has held true for over 33 years of marriage."
Current Location: Mount Airy, MD
YCP Degree: BS in Sociology
- Attended George Mason University School of Law and graduated in 1987.
- Became a member of the Maryland State Bar Association and clerked for Frederick County Circuit Court in Maryland in 1987.
- Became a mediator in 2002.
- Vice Chair of the Maryland State Bar Association Family and Juvenile Law Section Council.
- Enjoys returning to York College to talk to students about life after college and specifically law school.
- Discovered hiking during the pandemic at age 60.
- YCP Student Involvement: Student Senate which gave her the opportunity to be very involved on campus. Among other celebrities, she had dinner with baseball’s Mickey Mantle and worked concert security for several rock concerts. In her first year, she performed with a group of dorm mates in the College Gong Show where they were “Meatball” and sang and danced to “Paradise by the Dashboard Light.” They also won a local radio station talent show and ended up becoming the opening act for Cheech and Chong at the Harrisburg Forum. She never expected anything like that to come from her college experience which has become quite the icebreaker story.
- Super Lawyer of MD from 2013-present.
- Past President of the Bar Association of Frederick County.
- Keynote speaker for the December 2018 new Bar admittees for the State of Maryland.
Connect with Lorraine:
View all of the 2021 Spartans of the Year award recipients.