Robert Lambert '94
President York County Libraries
"York College provided me with a strong educational foundation that was derived from more than just the textbooks and classroom. The professors concurrently encouraged and challenged me in my studies."
Alumni Board of Director's 2020 Distinguished Alumni Achievement Award Recipient
Current Location: York, PA
YCP Degree: BA in Speech Communications
- Robert is President of York County Libraries. More than 50% of York County residents hold library cards and borrow more than 1.6 million items each year.
- Robert is a senior-level leader with more than 25 years of experience building and driving revenue-generating operations for York County Libraries. He’s shifted the libraries’ perception from a “place to check out books” to an entrepreneurial organization that delivers quality services beyond expectation.
- From 2008 to 2016, Robert served as an elected official as the Controller for the City of York. Here, he took over an $89 million budget and oversaw the soundest investment of every dollar which he used to implement several initiatives including The York Housing Authority Project which built a library and computer resource center for low-income housing residents, funded from a $930,000 HUD grant.
- Robert was recently elected in July 2020 to serve on the Capital BlueCross Board of Directors
- Robert is CEO of LibrariesFeed which is a growing crowdfunding community. The nonprofit organization connects public libraries, donors, and corporations to fight child hunger.
- Robert is also Founder and CEO of Sir Newton Traders, a membership driven community of traders that use the power of the Andrews Median Line to trade the commodity futures markets. The company provides proprietary software, education, and market analysis to its members.
- Robert has been and is an active member on numerous boards and committees, including serving as the Board President for Crispus Attucks YouthBuild Charter School for 10 years, Chair of the Nominating Committee for York Academy Regional Charter School, and Board Member for the York Symphony Orchestra. He is an appointee to the Governor’s Advisory Council for Library Development and a Board Member serving on York Traditions Bank.
- Robert was featured in Top 100 International Magazine Community Service/Entrepreneurial Business Model for Engaging Libraries to Fight Hunger.
- Robert’s academic credentials include an Master in Public Administration (MPA) from The Pennsylvania State University, a Master of Science in Library and Information Service from the University of Pittsburgh, and a Bachelor of Arts in Speech Communications from York College of Pennsylvania. In 2017, Robert was selected to join the class of York Federal Fellows and graduated from Stanford University's Executive Education Program in Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- Robert frequently encourages high school students to consider York College. He shares his positive experience as a student at York College.
- During the fall 2020 semester, Robert plans to host YCP students for a roundtable discussion to share stories and talk about how to be successful in the workplace.
- YCP Student Involvement: Debate team. “Participating on the debate team was one of the best experiences I had at YCP.” —Robert
Connect with Robert:
View all of the 2020 Spartans of the Year award recipients.