Katherine Johnston '14
Account Supervisor Gregory FCA
"York College gave me the foundation to everything and I would not be the same person without my time there."
Current City: Bridgeport, PA
YCP Degree: BA in Public Relations
- Specializes in public relations, with experience in media relations, content generation, social media, live video, events, awards, and more. Has established relationships with reporters and has secured placements for clients in publications such as USA Today, NBC, Business Insider, Bloomberg, The Washington Post, Kaiser Health News, and Entrepreneur.
- Will do anything for clients from representing at international trade shows such as CES, to appearing on QVC, to creating “World’s First” campaigns.
- Married to YCP alumnus, Sean Johnston '12
- Established a volunteer initiative at work where colleagues perform service activities for the community including caring for animals at a shelter, packaging up winter jackets for children living in poverty, and assembling care packages for troops during the holidays, to name a few.
- Loves trying new things and traveling. Most recent locations include Italy, Belgium, and France.
- Stays involved in YCP activities including SpartaNation, Dinner with Spartans, Spartan Pen Pals, YCP Day of Giving, and hosting the occasional gathering of alumni and students
- YCP student involvement: PRSSA (President, Vice President), Lambda Pi Eta Communications Honor Society (President), YCP Players (Social Media Director; actor), YCP Improv (founding member), Student Ambassador Tour Guide, Senior Class Executive Board (Marketing Director); writer for the Spartan newspaper
Connect with Katie:
View all of the 2020 Spartans of the Year award recipients.