Robert Dee '86
"York College has really become part of my DNA. Not only did my York College experience teach me how to meet, interact and bond with my peers, professors, and school employees; it enabled me to be myself and feel comfortable with the fact that those who work hard, persevere, and open their minds to other opinions, will eventually succeed."
Current City: Collegeville, PA
YCP Degree: BA in Speech/Communications
- President and former COO of Crompco LLC. Crompco and their 225 employees support customers throughout the United States. and specialize in assisting large and small convenience store operators, government entities, and private industry to manage their underground environmental (storage tank) compliance and testing. Additionally, Crompco offers a wide array of field services, professional managed services, software systems, and product distribution. Prior to his 16 years at Crompco, Bob was a Regional VP for Lucent Technologies/Bell Labs in Tysons Corner, Virginia.
- Hobbies: Golf, family travel, and a big sports fan: Giants, Notre Dame, and the Mets; York College men’s and women’s lacrosse are his favorites
- Received multiple Regional Management awards while at Lucent. Prior to Lucent, he worked at MCI, ENTEX Information Systems and initially Mutual of NY (first job post-graduation).
- Married to Maureen McGowan Dee with three children: Shane (22), Connor (22), and Erin, (18)
- Originally from Basking Ridge, NJ; alumnus of the Ridge High School Class of 1982
- Served on the York College Collegiate Council for 10 years
- Participates in annual YCP Spring Alumni Golf Outing and the Fall Athletic Department Outing
- Hosted a site visit with the 2019 and 2020 YCP Road Crew and served as the Road Crew sponsor for the 2020 SpartaNation Tour
- Hosted several YCP new student receptions at his home
- YCP Student Involvement: Active in various intramural sports, member of Omega Theta Chi, and wrote for the student newspaper and college magazine. Interned at the York Dispatch.
- Currently active in the following professional organizations: PEI, SIGMA
Connect with Bob:
View all of the 2020 Spartans of the Year award recipients.