Erec Smith, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. English, University of Illinois at Chicago 2003
Concentration in Language, Literacy and Rhetoric
- M.A. English, University of Illinois, Chicago 1996-1998
Concentration in Literature
- B.A. English, cum laude and Honors, Ursinus College 1996
- First-Year Writing
- Teaching and Tutoring of Writing
- Advanced Composition
- Rhetorical Theory
- Political Rhetoric
- Buddhist philosophy and rhetoric
- Rhetorics of diversity
- Composition Pedagogy
- Discourse and Identity
- Edited collection, The Making of Barack Obama: The Politics of Persuasion: An Exploration, with Parlor Press. June, 2013.
- “Making Room for Fat Studies in Writing Center Theory and Practice.” Praxis: A Writing Center Journal. Winter 2013.
- “The Lotus Sutra as Rhetorical Doctrine: Toward a Spiritual Paradigm Shift in Academia.” Journal of South Texas English Studies. 1.1. (2009): n. pag.
- “Writing Under the Bodhi Tree.” Academic Exchange Quarterly 9 (2005): 16-22.