David R. Kaplan, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Mathematics University of South Florida, 1990
- MA Mathematics University of South Florida, 1986
- BA Mathematics University of South Florida, 1984
- Calculus I Calculus II Calculus III
- Differential Equations
- Applied Mathematics
- Numerical Analysis
- History of Mathematics Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Effects on learning level of flipped classroom pedagogy
- Functional analysis
- Kaplan, D. (2019) Employing a Rubric to Assess Learner Performance in Calculus and Differential Equations, to appear, 2019 International Journal of Process Education
- Learner level increases across mathematics and chemistry classes employing the flipped-classroom model, with lecture-based control 2019 Process Education Conference Paper
- Kaplan, D., with Ganescu, V. (2018) Employing a Rubric to Assess Learner Performance in Calculus and Differential Equations 2018 Annual Process Education Conference
- Apple, D., Ellis, D., and Kaplan, D. (2017) Learning to Learn Mathematics 2017 Process Education Conference, June 2017, California Health Sciences University, June 2017, Clovis California
- Kaplan, D. (2009-present) Calculus Made Clear, 1st and 2nd editions. Kepler Press.
- Learner level increases across mathematics and chemistry classes employing the flipped-classroom model, with lecture-based control 2019 Process Education Conference Presentation
- Kaplan, D. (2019) Process Education Conference Workshop "Empowering Learners: Putting Together a Team of Educators to Implement and Study the Effects of Active-Learning Pedagogy."
- Symposium panel contributor to “Improving Completion Rates in Gatekeeper Courses” at June 2016 Process Education Conference Grand Valley State University, Allendale, Michigan
- 2012-2015 workshops with York College MAT111 (Critical Thinking and Problem Solving) instructors to develop the flipped classroom pedagogy and in-class assignment sets.
- Chair, Physical Sciences Department, York College of PA, 1996-2015
- Mathematics Program Coordinator, York College of PA, 2015-present
- Member Academy of Process Educators 2015-present
- Member National Council of Teachers of Mathematics 2015-present