Tristan Ericson, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Ohio State University, 2012
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, York College of Pennsylvania, 2003
- Materials Science
- Solid Mechanics
- System Dynamics
- Vibrations of Multi-Body Systems
- Nonlinear Dynamics
- Systems with Symmetry
- Gear Dynamics
- Honorable mention; poster display, National Instruments NIWeek, 2011
- 1st Place, Engineering: 25th Hayes Graduate Research Forum, 2011
- Dynamics Fellow, Ohio State University, 2005-09
- Mechanical Engineering Outstanding Student, Ohio State University, 2008
- Guo, Y., Eritenel, T., Ericson, T.M., Parker, R.G., 2013, Vibro-Acoustic Propagation of Gear Dynamics in a Gear-Bearing-Housing System, Journal of Sound and Vibration, submitted.
- Ericson, T.M., and Parker, R.G., 2013, Experimental Quantification of the Effects of Torque on the Dynamic Behavior and System Parameters of Planetary Gears, Mechanism and Machine Theory, submitted.
- Ericson, T.M., and Parker, R.G., 2013, Natural Frequency Clusters in Planetary Gear Vibration, Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, VIB-12-1211, in press.
- Ericson, T.M., and Parker, R.G., 2013, Planetary Gear Modal Vibration Experiments and Correlation Against Lumped Parameter and Finite Element Models, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 332(9), pp. 2350–2375.
- Ericson, T.M., Grouping of Planetary Gear Modes With Significant Tooth Mesh Deflection, 24th ASME Conference on Mechanical Vibration and Noise, Chicago. IL, August 2012, paper DETC2012-71501.
- Ericson, T.M., Planetary Gear Modal Properties and Dynamic Response: Experiments and Analytical Simulation, 11th ASME Power Transmission and Gearing Conference, Washington, D.C., August 2011, paper DETC2011-47142.
- Ericson, T. M., Vibration of a Helicopter Planetary Gear: Experiments and Analytical Simulation, 25th Hayes Graduate Research Forum, http://hdl.handle.net/1811/48342, Columbus, OH, March 2011.
- Ericson, T. M., Vibration Measurements of an OH-58D Helicopter Planetary Gear under Operating Conditions, American Helicopter Society Forum 66, Phoenix, AZ, May 2010.
- Ericson, T.M., Design and Conduct of Precision Planetary Gear Vibration Experiments, SAE 2009 Noise and Vibration Conference and Exhibition, paper 2009-01-2071, St. Charles, IL, May 2009.