York College welcomes transfer students from regionally accredited two- and four-year institutions.
To transfer to York College, you must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum grade point average of 2.0 is required. All education majors require a 2.8 or higher grade point average.
- A maximum of 75 semester hours will be accepted in transfer from two-year colleges.
- Students must complete a minimum of 30 credit hours at York College to be eligible to earn a degree.
- Students admitted to the college with an associate's degree from another institution must satisfy all York College general education requirements not completed as transfer credit.
- Transfer students are eligible for financial aid at the time of admission.
To apply for admission submit the following:
- An online application.
- An official transcript of all academic work attempted, with separate copy submitted from each college attended.
- An official copy of transcript from high school through graduation (optional).
If you have earned fewer than 30 semester hours of college credit you also are required to submit:
- A high school transcript.
- Scores from either the SAT or ACT (optional writing test required).
Get a Head Start
To see how your credits may transfer, view our Transfer Course Equivalencies page.
Meet with the Transfer Coordinator
If you are a Transfer student and would like to learn more about transfer procedures, individual appointments are available. Contact Ms. Cortnie Amelotte, Associate Director of Admissions/Transfer Coordinator at 717.815.1347 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have your Transcripts Evaluated
For transcript evaluations, we encourage you to schedule an appointment. Contact Ms. Katie Schwienteck, Associate Registrar at 717.815.1448 or email@example.com.
It’s the best way to see if York College is right for you! Schedule your visit today!