York College welcomes transfer students from regionally accredited two- and four-year institutions. Be sure to visit our Transfer Resource Center. This guide will assist you in the transfer process at York College.
To transfer to York College, you must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum grade point average of 2.0 is required. Select majors may have a higher GPA requirement.
- A maximum of 75 semester hours will be accepted in transfer from two-year colleges.
- Students must complete a minimum of 30 credit hours at York College to be eligible to earn a degree.
- Students admitted to the college with an associate's degree from another institution must satisfy all York College general education requirements not completed as transfer credit.
- Transfer students are eligible for financial aid at the time of admission.
- Please note: The Radiography program is not accepting transfer students.
- Please note: The Nursing program is not accepting transfer students. Students who have an RN license are eligible for admission into the RN to BSN program.
To apply for admission submit the following:
- An online application.
- An official transcript of all academic work attempted, with separate copy submitted from each college attended.
- An official copy of transcript from high school through graduation (optional).
If you have earned fewer than 15 semester hours of college credit you also are required to submit:
- A high school transcript.
- Scores from either the SAT or ACT.
Get a Head Start
To see how your credits may transfer, view our Transfer Course Equivalencies page.
Meet with the Transfer Coordinator
If you are a Transfer student and would like to learn more about transfer procedures, individual appointments are available. Contact Ms. Angela Caputo, Transfer Coordinator at 717.815.2212 or email@example.com.
Have your Transcripts Evaluated
For transcript evaluations, we encourage you to schedule an appointment. Contact Ms. Katie Schwienteck, Associate Registrar at 717.815.1448 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s the best way to see if York College is right for you! You are welcome to attend our Information Sessions followed by the Campus Tour or join us for Transfer Tuesdays, especially designed for you! Schedule your visit today!