Understanding College Webinar Series
Attend our Understanding College webinar series to explore different program options to get you ready for college life. While you're not required to attend all three virtual events, we highly encourage you to attend as many as possible to get the most out of these specialized programs and to best prepare you and your family for college.
Register by clicking the button below!
Student-to-Student Chat: Wednesday, October 13, 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Go beyond the usual information you can get from York College Faculty and Staff. This Understanding College event is designed specifically for incoming students and parents to learn what current York College Spartans have to say about their time here at York!
A Night Just for Parents - Completing the FAFSA: Wednesday, November 3, 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- What do parents need to know about financial aid, and more specifically, filling out the FAFSA before sending their student(s) off to college? Hear from York College's Financial Aid department to find out!
Financial Literacy Night: Wednesday, December 8, 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Go beyond the usual financial aid discussion. Chat with current students and staff about paying for school, building credit scores, securing scholarships opening a checking account, and more.
Academic Possibilities Night: Wednesday, February 23, 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- This event is for high school students who want insight on everything from choosing a major to how your major and internships can lead to a potential career. Hear from a variety of current students and alumni on what worked, what didn't, and what a high schooler should know about how to get from point A to point B and beyond. Families are welcome. Undeclared students and those figuring out how to pursue a specific career are highly encouraged to register!
A Night Just for parents - College Q & A: Wednesday, March 9, 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- What do parents need to know about sending their kids off to college? Hear from current York College parents, get your questions answered, and enjoy an opportunity to get in-depth information about the college experience - without your future college student around! This is a great chance to get a head start on what to expect well before your student enrolls.
Financial Literacy Night - Completing the FAFSA: Wednesday, March 23, 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m
- What do students need to know about financial aid, and more specifically, filling out the FAFSA before heading off to college? Hear from York College's Financial Aid department to find out!
Questions? Contact Nan Noel, Senior Associate Director of Admissions at email@example.com or 717.815.1769