Guidelines for Visiting
As a precautionary measure we encourage anyone visiting our campus to follow the health and safety guidelines below. These guidelines are in place for both visitors and staff to ensure the health and safety of everyone at York College:
- If you, or someone attending your scheduled visit with you, are not feeling well (minor cold symptoms included) please reschedule your visit for a later date or plan to participate in one of our virtual visit opportunities.
- We ask that you please consider limiting the number of people that join you on your visit to two guests. We also ask that you refrain from bringing guests who are immunocompromised or are in another high-risk category for COVID-19.
- All visitors are asked to please wear a protective face covering while inside any buildings on the York College campus. *
Staff members will also be following the guidelines below at all times:
- Admission team members are required to check their temperature daily before reporting to campus. Staff members experiencing a fever or any COVID-19 symptoms will be asked to stay at home.
- While on campus and interacting with campus guests, admissions team members will practice social distancing, wear protective face coverings, and will introduce themselves without shaking hands with guests.
*Visitors unable to wear face coverings due to a health condition or disability are encouraged to be extra cautious about maintaining proper social distance and observing all other hygiene protocols.
We ask all guests to please register for an event prior to visiting campus. Non-registered guests will not be permitted to participate in on-campus visits or daily tours, and will be asked to return to campus once they've provided the proper notice by registering for their visit.
Following the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, York College requires the use of masks indoors for all individuals, regardless of vaccination status.