Deborah Vause, Ph.D.
- A.A. Brevard College (1976)
- B.A. North Carolina State University (1979)
- M.A. North Carolina State University (1986)
- Ph.D. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (1993)
- Fantasy Literature
- Language and Linguistics
- Environmental Literature
- British and European Literature
- First-year Writing
- History of British and American English
- Linguistics and pedagogy
- Contemporary fantasy literature
- Vause, Deborah J. and Julie S. Amberg. Making Language Matter: Teaching Resources for Meeting the Common Core State Standards at the High School Level. New York: Routledge/Taylor and Francis, 2013.
- “The Classics.” Encyclopedia of Sciences and Religions. Edited by Nina P. Azari, Anne Runehov, and Luis Oviedo. Springer. Online publication. November 2012.
- American English: History, Structure, and Usage. Co-author with Julie Amberg. Cambridge University Press. November, 2009.
- “Teaching Variation: Using IM in the Introductory Linguistics Classroom.” Co-author with Julie Amberg. American Speech. 83.2(2008): 230-237.