Peter Levy, Ph.D.
- B.A., University of California at Berkeley (1978)
- M.A., Columbia University (1981)
- Ph.D., Columbia University (1986)
- American Civilization I & II
- Twentieth Century U.S.
- America in the 60s
- North American Environmental History
- History of the Civil Rights Movement
- Recent American History, especially civil rights, new right and new left
- Environmental history
- Labor history
- Fellow, W.E.B. Du Bois Institute, Harvard University, National Endowment for the Humanities Summer Institute, Summer 2013
- Professional Service and Leadership Award, York College, 2012
- Faculty Recognition Award, 2002
- Fulbright Academic Specialist Award, 1993
- The Great Uprising: Race Riots in Urban America During the 1960s. (New York and Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2018)
- The Seedtime, the Work, and the Harvest: New Perspectives on the Black Freedom Struggle in America. Edited by Jeffrey Littlejohn, Reginald Ellis, and Peter B. Levy. (Gainesville, FL: University Press of Florida, 2018)
- United States History: Modern America, rev. ed. (Upper Saddle River: Prentice Hall, 2010) co-authored by Alan Taylor, Randy Roberts and Emma Lapsansky-Warner and Peter B. Levy.
- Civil War on Race Street: The Civil Rights Movement in Cam bridge, Maryland (Gainesville: University of Florida Press, 2002). Awarded Choice Academic Title of the Year.