Charlotte Wool, Ph.D., R.N.
- BSN, Bloomsburg University (1987)
- MSN, University of Phoenix (2004)
- Ph.D., University of Texas at Tyler (2011)
- Registered nurse
- Research and Professional Nursing Practice
- Leadership in Professional Nursing
- Human Lactation
- Women's Health
- Complementary and Alternative Therapies in Nursing Practice
- Perinatal palliative care
- 2017 Sigma Theta Tau Emerging Nurse Researcher Award, Nominee
- 2013 Best Manuscript Award, Sigma Theta Tau, Eta Eta Chapter
- 2011 National Perinatal Association Research Award
- 2010 Outstanding Chapter Leader, Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses
- 2005 Nurse Educator of the Year, Holy Spirit Health System
- Wool, C., Kain, V.J., Mendes, J., Carter, B.S. (2017), Quality predictors of parental satisfaction after birth of infants with life-limiting conditions. Acta Paediatrica, 107(2), 276-282. doi: 10.1111/apa.13980
- Limbo, R., Brandon, D., Côté-Arsenault, D., Kavanaugh, K., Kuebelbeck, A. & Wool, C. (2016). The American Academy of Nursing Policy Brief Perinatal palliative care as an essential element of childbearing choices, Nursing Outlook, 65(1), 123-125. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.outlook.2016.12.003
- Wool, C., Black, B.P. & Woods, A.B. (2016). Parental satisfaction and quality indicators in the intrapartum setting after diagnosis of a life-limiting fetal condition. Advances in Nursing Science, 39(4), 346-357. doi: 10.1097/ANS.0000000000000147
- Wool, C., Repke, J. & Woods, A.B. (2016). Parent reported outcomes of quality care and satisfaction in the context of a life-limiting fetal diagnosis. The Journal of Maternal-fetal and Neonatal Medicine, 30(8), 894-899. doi:10.1080/14767058.2016.1195362
- Wool, C., Côté-Arsenault, D., Black, B., Denney-Koelsch, E., Kim, S. & Kavanaugh, K. (2015). Provision of services in perinatal palliative care: A multicenter survey in the United States. Journal of Palliative Medicine, 19(3), 279-285. doi:10.1089/jpm.2015.0266
- Wool, C., Wool, J. & Mendes, J. (2017). Perspectives from Europe and the United States on perinatal palliative care and current ethical dilemmas. Sigma Theta Tau International, 26th International Nursing Research Congress: Symposium presentation. Dublin, Ireland.
- Wool, C. (2016). The impact of perinatal loss on subsequent pregnancies. National Perinatal Association Workgroup to Create Interdisciplinary Policy for Perinatal Bereavement Services in the Emergency Department. Houston, Texas.
- Wool, C. (2016). The quality imperative – What parents want. The 20th Biennial International Perinatal Bereavement Conference. Tempe, Arizona.
- Wool, C. (2015). When hello means goodbye: An interactive case study exploring interventions for parents receiving a life-limiting fetal diagnosis. The International Care Ethics Observatory Future of Nursing and Ethics in Care and 16th Nursing Ethics Conference. University of Surrey, Guildford, England.
- Wool, C., Mendes, J. & Catlin, A. (2013). Antenatal, neonatal, and perinatal palliative care: State of the science in two countries. Sigma Theta Tau International, 24th International Nursing Research Congress: Symposium presentation. Prague, Czech Republic.
- Research Advisory Panel, The Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric, and Neonatal Nurses
- Past-President, Eta Eta Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Editorial Advisory Board: Healthy Mom and Baby Magazine
- 2016, Principal Investigator: Perinatal palliative care: Do parents regret their choice?
- 2015, Co-Investigator: Provision of services in perinatal palliative care: A multicenter survey in the United States.
- 2015, Principal Investigator: Instrument psychometrics: Parental satisfaction and quality indicators of perinatal palliative care.
- 2014, Principal Investigator: Instrument development: Parent satisfaction and quality indicators of perinatal palliative care.
- 2011, Principal Investigator: Barriers to implementation of perinatal palliative care.