Cherie Adkins, Ph.D., R.N.
- BS (Bible), Lancaster Bible College, 1989
- BSN, Millersville University, 1996
- MS in Nursing, Community Health Concentration
Pennsylvania State University, 2004
- PhD, Pennsylvania State University, 2010
- Registered Nurse
- NUR450 Nursing Practicum
- NUR508 Application of Nursing Research
- NUR700 Applied Statistics, NUR710 and 720 Evidence-based Practice: Methods and Translation
- NUR730 Doctor of Nursing Practice Clinical Residency I
- NUR745 Doctor of Nursing Practice Scholarly Project: Evaluation and Dissemination
- Adult education
- Transformative learning theory
- Health promotion/disease prevention
- Preterm mothers
- Intellectual/developmental disabilities
- Gardner, F.C., Adkins, C.S., Hart, S.E., Travagli, A., & Doheny, K.K. (2018). Preterm stress behaviors, autonomic indices, and maternal perceptions of infant colic. Advances in Neonatal Care.
- Adkins, C. S., & Doheny, K. K. (2016). Exploring preterm mothers’ personal narratives: Influences and meanings. Advances in Nursing Science.
- Evaluating theory from a Christian perspective: Transformative learning theory. Journal of Christian Nursing, 2015.
- Salavitabar, A., Haidet K., Adkins, C., Susman E., Palmer C., & Storm H., (2010). Preterm infants’ sympathetic arousal and associated behavioral responses to sound stimuli in the neonatal intensive care unit. Advances in Neonatal Care.
- Steis. M., Penrod, J., Adkins, C. & Hupcey, J. (2009). Principle-based concept analysis: Recognition in the context of nurse-patient interactions. Journal of Advanced Nursing.
- Fenstermacher, K., & Adkins, C. S. (2017, April). “Oh, now I get it…” Teaching qualitative data analysis using graduate students’ narratives of their own experiences with fatigue. Poster presentation at the 29th Annual Scientific Sessions of the Eastern Nursing Research Society, Philadelphia, PA.
- Adkins, C. S. (2015, November). Teaching nursing care for those with intellectual/developmental disabilities: A service-learning format. Poster presentation at the Sigma Theta Tau International 43rd Biennial Convention, Las Vegas, NV.
- Nurse recognition of transformative learning: Its utility in clinical settings. Sigma Theta Tau International 42nd Biennial Convention, Indianapolis, IN, 2013.
- Leadership by design. Symposium, Sigma Theta Tau International 42nd Biennial Convention, Indianapolis, IN, 2013.
- Recasting assessment to transform learning: An integrated approach. Symposium, Sigma Theta Tau International 42nd Biennial Convention, Indianapolis, IN, 2013.
- Eta Eta Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, president 2017-2018
- South Central PA Evidence-Based Practice Consortium, executive council member
- PA Developmental Disabilities Nurses Network, past vice president
- Reviewer: Global Qualitative Nursing Research, Journal of Christian Nursing
- Nursing/healthcare consultant, Valley Springs Healthcare (dialysis center), Nakuru, Kenya
- Medical-surgical, maternal-child, home-health care, intellectual/developmental disabilities, insurance industry, nursing education