Brian Malcarne, Ph.D., C.T.R.S.
- Ph.D., Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management, Clemson University (2012)
- M.S., Youth and Family Recreation, Brigham Young University (2007)
- B.S., Recreation Management and Youth Leadership, Brigham Young University (1998)
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS)
- Recreation & Lesure in a Modern Society
- Intro to Therapeutic Recreation
- Leadership in Therapeutic Recreation
- Organizing Therapeutic Recreation
- Recreation Seminar
- Experiential Recreation Programming in Higher Education
- Therapeutic Recreation Intervention Efficacy
- Outdoor/Adventure Recreation Processes and Outcomes
- Witman, J.P., Jacob, S., Anderson, L., Heyne, L., & Malcarne, B. (2014) The Well-Being Index (WBI): A pilot project. Therapeutic Recreation Journal, 48 (2), 188-198.
- Malcarne, B., Schmalz, D., McGuire, F., & Taniguchi, S. & Cook, M. (2014) Exploring Group Cohesion in a Higher Education Field Experience. Research presentation at 2014 Academy of Leisure Sciences Teaching Institute (21st Century Literacies: Responding to Change in a Challenging Climate), Pacific Grove,CA.
- YWCA, Girls on the Run, 5K Race Committee
- Boy Scouts of America, Cub Scout Den Leader
- Recreation Therapist, Provo Canyon School, Provo, UT
- Backpacking Guide, Camp WILD, Salmon, ID
- Whitewater Rafting Guide, US National Whitewater Center, Charlotte, NC
- Psychiatric Technician, Anasazi Foundation: Outdoor Behavioral Healthcare, Mesa, AZ
- Park Ranger (Interpretation), Grand Teton National Park, Moose, WY