Mary B. Ligon, Ph.D.
- B.S., Recreation and Leisure, Therapeutic Option, Radford University
- M.S., Gerontology, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Ph.D., Health Related Sciences, Gerontology Concentration, Virginia Commonwealth University
- C.T.R.S.-Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
- Certified Validation Worker
- Perspectives on Aging
- Social Aspects of Aging
- Psychological Aspects of Aging
- Working with Older Adults
- Psychosocial Development in Late-Life
- Experiential Learning
- Alumna of the Year, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Distinguished Faculty Award, Association for Gerontology in Higher Education
- Past-President, Executive Board, Sigma Phi Omega, National Academic Honor and Professional Society In Gerontology
- Ligon, M., Ehlman, C., & Moriello, G. Russo, R. & Miller, K. (2014). Validation of the Attitude-Older Adult and Aging-Visual Analogue Scales (At-O-A). Educational Gerontology, 40, 8, 572-583.
- Ligon, M., Welleford, E.A., Cotter, J.J. & Lam, M. (2012). Oral history: A pragmatic approach to improving life satisfaction of elders. Journal of Intergenerational Relationship, 10, 2, 1-13.
- Steck, L.W., Engler, J.N., Ligon, M. Druen, P. & Cosgrove, E. (2011). Doing poverty: Learning outcomes among students participating in the Community Action Poverty Simulation program. Teaching Sociology, 39, 259-273.
- Ligon, M., Ehlman, C., Moriello, G., & Welleford, E.A. (2009). Oral history in the classroom: Fostering positive attitudes toward older adults and the aging process. Journal of Aging, Humanities, and the Arts, 3, 59-72.
- Embracing Aging Steering Committee, York County Community Foundation, Member
- Jewish Family Services of York, Board Member
- Spiritrust Lutheran, Program Administration Committee, Member
- Your Life Your Wishes Task Force, Member
- Long Range Planning Committee, Behavioral Sciences Representative