Samantha A. Deffler, Ph.D.
- B.S., Bucknell University
- M.A., Duke University
- Ph.D., Duke University
- Design and Analysis I
- Cognitive Psychology
- Autobiographical Memory
- Self and identity
- Memory errors
- Preparing Future Faculty Fellow, Duke University, 2013-2014
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship, Honorable Mention, 2010, 2011, 2012
- summa cum laude, B.S., Bucknell University, 2010
- Bucknell Prize in Neuroscience, 2010
- Leary, M. R., Diebels, K. J., Davisson, E. K., Isherwood, J. C., Jongman-Sereno, K. P., Raimi, K. T., Deffler, S. A., & Hoyle, R. H. (In Press). Cognitive and interpersonal features of intellectual humility. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin.
- Rubin, D. C., Berntsen, D., Ogle, C. M., Deffler, S. A., & Beckham, J. C. (2016). Scientific evidence versus outdated beliefs: A response to Brewin (2016). Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 125, 1018-1021.
- Deffler, S. A., Fox, C., Ogle, C. M., & Rubin, D. C. (2016). All My Children: The Roles of Semantic Category and Phonetic Similarity in the Misnaming of Familiar Individuals. Memory & Cognition, 44, 989-999.
- Deffler, S. A., Leary, M. R., & Hoyle, R. H. (2016). Knowing what you know: Intellectual humility and judgments of recognition memory. Personality and Individual Differences, 96, 255-259.
- Rubin, D.C., Deffler, S. A., Ogle, C. M., Dowell, N., & Graesser, A. (2016). Participant, rater, and computer measures of coherence in posttraumatic stress disorder: Trauma vs. control memories in clinical vs. control samples. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 125, 11-25.
- Deffler, S. A., & Rubin, D. C. (2016). Interactions between Identity and Autobiographical Remembering: Results from a 4-year Prospective Longitudinal Study. Annual meeting of the North Carolina Cognition Group, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
- Deffler, S. A., & Rubin, D. C (2015). Changes in episodic future thought as a function of identity: Results from a 4-year longitudinal study. Annual meeting of the Psychonomics Society, Chicago, Illinois.
- Rubin, D. C., Umanath, S., & Deffler S. A. (2015). A Theory of Memory for Laboratory, Autobiographical, and Future Events. Annual meeting of the North Carolina Cognition Group, Elon University, Elon, North Carolina.
- Deffler, S. A., Scharf, J. M., & Rubin, D. C. (2014). Changes in remembering as a function of identity: A 3-Year longitudinal study. Annual meeting of the Psychonomics Society, Long Beach, California.