Tristan Ericson, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Ohio State University, 2012
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, York College of Pennsylvania, 2003
- Capstone Design I and II
- Advanced Dynamics and Vibration
- Materials Science
- Strength of Materials
- Vibrations of Multi-Body Systems
- Nonlinear Dynamics
- Systems with Symmetry
- Gear Dynamics
- Engine Performance
- York College Faculty Development Research Grant, 2017
- Best Paper Award, International BAASANE Conference, 2015
- York College Faculty Development Summer Fellow Grant, 2015
- Honorable mention; poster display, National Instruments NIWeek, 2011
- 1st Place, Engineering: 25th Hayes Graduate Research Forum, 2011
- T. M. Ericson and R. G. Parker, Experimental Measurement and Finite Element Simulation of Elastic-Body Vibration in Planetary Gears, Mechanism and Machine Theory, 160 (2021) 104264.
- Y. Guo, T. Eritenel, T. M. Ericson and R. G. Parker, Vibro-Acoustic Propagation of Gear Dynamics in a Gear-Bearing-Housing System, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 333 (2014) 4762-5785.
- T. M. Ericson and R. G. Parker, Experimental Measurement of the Effects of Torque on the Dynamic Behavior and System Parameters of Planetary Gears, Mechanism and Machine Theory, 74 (2014) 370-389.
- T. M. Ericson and R. G. Parker, Natural Frequency Clusters in Planetary Gear Vibration, Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, 135 (2013) 061002.
- T. M. Ericson and R. G. Parker, Planetary Gear Modal Vibration Experiments and Correlation against Lumped-Parameter and Finite Element Models, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 332 (2013) 2350-2375.
- T. M. Ericson, Lessons for Effective Use of MATLAB and Simulink to Explore Advanced Topics: Application in a Vibrations Course, 2021 ASEE Virtual Annual Conference, July 2021, paper # 37434.
- S. Kuchnicki and T. M. Ericson, Development of a New Concept Inventory for Mechanics of Materials, 2021 ASEE Virtual Annual Conference, July 2021, paper # 36960.
- T. M. Ericson and S. Kuchnicki, Undergraduate Research in a Materials Independent Study at a Small College: From Building Modern Fabrication Equipment to Experimental Testing, 2018 ASEE Annual Conference, Salt Lake City, UT, June 2018, paper # 24027.
- S. Kiefer, K. Meah, T.M. Ericson (co-presenter), and J. Moscola, Design, Build, and Installation of and Autonomous Bike Rental System as a Part of Capstone Design, 2016 ASEE Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA, June 2016, paper 14448.
- S. Kiefer and T. M. Ericson, Capstone Design Assessment and Student Motivation
- Formula SAE
- NASA Student Launch
- Additive Manufacturing: 3D Printing and Thermoforming
- Automated Bike Rental Station
- YCCOSP STEM Academy Engineering Rocketry Day Leader
- NASA Student Launch Club, Faculty Advisor
- Junior Achievement STEM Summit Volunteer
- Student-Neighbor Task Force
- Chair, Academic Senate Student Welfare Committee
- Society of Automotive Engineers, SAE
- American Society of Engineering Education, ASEE
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers, ASME (former)