Wendy Boehmler, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Cellular and Molecular Biology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine
- B.S. Biology, King’s College (2001)
- Member of the Committee for the Health Professionals Premedical Society Advisor
- Pennsylvania Academy of Science (PAS)
- Council for Undergraduate Research (CUR)
- Society for Neuroscience (SfN)
- Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience (FUN)
- Introduction to Molecular Biology
- Molecules, Genes and Cells
- Identifying and characterizing genes that play a role in neurodevelopment and neurodegeneration using the genetic model system zebrafish.
- Using zebrafish in toxicology studies to identify adverse effects of various chemicals.
- Boehmler W, Petko J, Canfield VA, Levenson R. Genomic strategies for the identification of dopamine receptor genes in zebrafish. Methods Mol Biol. 2013;964:201-14.
- Boehmler W, Canfield V, Thisse C, Thisse B, Levenson R. Identification of zebrafish A2 adenosine receptors and expression in developing embryos. Gene Expr Patterns. 2009 Mar;9(3):144-51.
- Boehmler W, Carr T, Canfield V, Thisse C, Thisse B, Levenson R. D4 dopamine receptor genes of zebrafish and effects of the antipsychotic clozapine on larval swimming behavior. Genes Brain Behav. 2007 Mar;6(2):155-66.