Kala Meah, Ph.D.
- B.S., Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, 1998
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, South Dakota State University, 2003
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Wyoming, 2007
- Power Electronics
- Power Systems
- Renewable Energy Integration
- Electric Drives
- Electromagnetic Fields
- Power Systems Optimization
- Renewable Energy Integration
- Engineering Education
- DOE Grant to Revitalize Electric Power Engineering Education by State-of-the-Art Laboratories, 2010-2013
- York College Faculty Development Research Grant, 2008-2009
- Nicholson, G.J. Guthrie Power System Research Scholarship, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, University of Wyoming, 2004-2005, 2006-2007
- International Scholarship, University of Wyoming, 2004-2007
- Wyoming Business Council Travel Funding, 2006
- K. Vaisakh, L. R. Srinivas, Kala Meah, “An Evolving Ant Direction Hybrid Differential Evolution for OPF with Non-Smooth Cost Functions,” Australian Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, will appear in Vol. 9, No. 1.
- Kala Meah, A.H.M. Sadrul Ula, "A New Simplified Adaptive Control Scheme for Multi-Terminal HVDC Transmission Systems," International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, Vol. 32, No. 4, May 2010, pp 243-253.
- Kala Meah, A.H.M. Sadrul Ula, “A Self-Coordinating Adaptive Control Scheme for HVDC Transmission Systems” Electric Power Systems Research, Vol. 79, No. 11, November, 2009, pp 1593-1603.
- Kaili Xu, Kala Meah, and A.H.M. Sadrul Ula, “A Novel Method for Reducing Harmonics in Series-connected Rectifiers,” Electric Power Systems Research, Vol. 78, No. 7, July 2008, pp 1256-1264.
- Kala Meah, A.H.M. Sadrul Ula, “Simple Fuzzy Self-Tuning PI Controller for Multi-terminal HVDC Transmission Systems,” Electric Power Components and Systems, Vol. 36, No. 3, March 2008, pp 224-238.
- Kala Meah, “Project Based Renewable Energy Course at York College of Pennsylvania,” DOE-Sponsored Workshop on Power Engineering Education, August 8-9, 2011, Minneapolis, MN
- Kala Meah, Anh Nguyen*, Patrick Martin, K. Vaisakh, “Fuzzy Logic-Based PMDC Motor Controller - an Undergraduate Student Project,” 2011 ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, June 26-29, Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Kala Meah, Timothy Garrison, James Kearns, Gregory Link, Laura Garrison, Wayne Blanding, Emine Celik, Stephen Kuchnicki, Jennifer Dawson, Barry McFarland, “An Automated Bottle Filling and Capping Project for Freshman Engineering Students,” 2010 ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, June 20-23, 2010, Louisville, KY, USA.
- Kala Meah, Wayne Blanding, "Introducing High Voltage Direct Current Transmission into an Undergraduate Power Systems Course," ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, June 14-17, 2009, Austin, Texas, USA.
- Kala Meah, A.H.M. Sadrul Ula, "Simulation Study of the CIGRE HVDC Benchmark Model with the WSCC Nine-bus Power System Network," IEEE Power and Energy Society Power System Conference and Exposition, March 15-18, 2009, Seattle, WA, USA.