Melissa Schneider, D.N.P., R.N.-B.C., O.N.C., C.N.R.N.
- Diploma, York Hospital School of Nursing (1978)
BS in Nursing, York College of PA (1998)
- MS in Nursing, York College of PA (2006)
- DNP, Chatham University, Pittsburg, PA (2011)
- Registered Nurse
- Certified in Orthopedic Nursing
- Certified in Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Certified in Neuroscience Nursing
- Basic Principles in Nursing Practice
- Health Assessment for Registered Nurses
- Leadership Concepts for Registered Nurses
- Music as an adjunct to pain therapy
- Predictors of success in beginning nursing students
- Improving outcomes for stroke patients
- Inducted into Honor Society of Nursing Sigma Theta Tau International
- Schneider, M., Smith, C., & Pomidor, M. (2015) Compassionate care for patients with complex regional pain syndrome. Journal of Neuroscience Nursing.
- Schneider, M. & Pomidor, M. (2013). The value of a progressive care environment for neurosurgical patients. Journal of Neuroscience Nursing.
- Sahd, L. & Schneider, M. (2013). Faculty & student perceptions toward attendance policies in Baccalaureate Nursing programs. Nursing Education Perspectives.
- Schneider, M. A. & Schneider, M. D. (2011) Post-stroke depression: Important information for nurses. Nursing2011.
- Schneider, M. (2011) Nurse-physician collaboration: A cornerstone to positive patient outcomes. Nursing2011.
- Using technology to improve discharge readiness, retention of discharge teaching, and coping for patients with stroke (poster). Annual Nursing Research Day, Gettysburg, PA, 2015.
- The value of a progressive care environment for neurosurgical patients (poster). Annual Nursing Research Day - EBP and Nursing Research: Hardwiring Excellence from the Bedside to the Boardroom, Gettysburg, PA, 2014.
- Implementing a relationship-based care model on a large orthopaedic/neurosurgical hospital unit. Poster presentation at National Association of Orthopedic Nurses Annual Conference, 2011.
- Listening to music as an adjunct to pain management in adult orthopedic patients. Poster presentation at the National EBP Conference, University of Maryland, 2012.
- Women and stroke, Gettysburg College, 2013.
- Wrote and received Great-to-Greater York College grant (with Dr. Lisa Ruth-Sahd) to provide a continuing education program on gerontological nursing in 2015.