Susan Scherr, D.N.P., G.N.P.-B.C.
- BSN, University of Delaware (2001)
- MS, University of Maryland (2007)
- DNP student, University of Maryland
- Registered Nurse
- Certified Gerontological Nurse Practitioner
- Advanced Physiology and Pathophysiology (MS in Nursing)
- Comprehensive Care of the Older Adult (MS in Nursing)
- Diagnosis and Management of Clinical Problems in Adult Primary Care II (MS in Nursing)
- Improving continuity and quality of care for older adults transitioning through the healthcare system
- Improving access to and implementation of oral care for older adults
- Optimizing nurse practitioner involvement in advanced care planning and end of life decision making with older adults
- Oral health literacy: Connecting doctors, nurses, social workers, pharmacists, and dental professionals. University of Maryland Baltimore, MD, 2015.
- Member and past president, Maryland Chapter of the Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association.
- Eight years of experience providing medical management to assisted living and homebound older adults.
- Wrote and received 2014-2015 grant for nurse practitioner education from New York University initiative "Oral Health Nursing Education and Practice."