Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist
York College of Pennsylvania’s Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist (AGCNS) program is a Master of Science program designed to prepare nurses to specialize in the use of evidence-based practice to improve patient outcomes and to solve problems in healthcare systems.
The AGCNS track provides students with a solid theoretical foundation and advanced practice clinical experiences in a variety of health care settings. Our small class sizes and blended course delivery gives you the best of both worlds: some face to face classes with our experienced faculty and online classes that support your educational goals and work schedules. As you study to become an advanced practice nurse you will learn how to provide cutting edge, evidence-based practice in a role in which you use your skills to contribute to improving healthcare outcomes. Upon graduation, students are eligible to sit for the national AGCNS certification exam.
Join us and become a leader in the field of nursing. Enter the Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist program at York College of Pennsylvania today and prepare for your future in which you positively influence patient health outcomes.
- 41 credits
- 504 clinical hours with adult and geriatric patients
- Three-year program of study
- You can start in any semester; progress at a pace that is comfortable for you
- Personal mentoring with highly qualified and skilled faculty
- Preparation to meet the requirements to sit for a national certification exam
- Accessibility to preceptors who will guide your clinical learning
- Application Deadline: June 1 (Fall Start)