Jennifer Pomeroy, Ph.D.
- B.A., Xinjiang University (1990)
- M.A., University of Akron (1999)
- Ph.D., University of Maryland, College Park (2012)
- World Regional Geography
- Introduction to Physical Geography
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Metropolitan Development
- Globalizing Economic World
- Human Dimension of Global Change
- Political Ecology; Land Use & Planning
- Mixed Research Design & Analysis
- GIS/Remote Sensing Applications
- East Asia; China
- Most Influential Faculty Mentor, Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania, 2014-2015 & 2013-2014
- Distinguished Service Award, Regional Development and Planning Specialty Group, American Association of Geographers (AAG), 2011-2012
- Distinguished Teaching Assistant Award, Center for Teaching Excellence, University of Maryland, 2007-2008, for Advance GIS
- Jacob K. Gloldhaber Travel Grant, Graduate School of University of Maryland, 2006
- Graduate Teaching/Research Assistantship, University of Maryland, 2005-2010 Elaine F. Bosowski Award, 1st Place of Student Paper Competition, Pennsylvania Geographical Society Annual Meeting, 2004
- Weaver, John M. and Jennifer Pomeroy. 2016. Intelligence Analysis: Unclassified Area and Point Estimates. ISBN: 978-1-53610-092-1. New York: NOVA Science Publishers. https://www.novapublishers.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=59738&osCsid=437543fda91037ff2d1146f78e376d6a
- Pomeroy, Jennifer and Agnes Ragone. 2015. Charcoal Making and Deforestation in Gros Mangle, Haiti: Exploring Sustainability at Local Scale. The Pennsylvania Geographer 53(Fall/Winter) 48-70.
- Pomeroy, Jennifer and Pomeroy, G. 2006. Pointers, Practicalities, and Pitfalls of Directing a Field Course in Asia. Education about Asia 11(2):46-48.
- Pomeroy, J. 2004. Residential Patterns of Asians in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area: Enabled Selectivity, Choice of Ethnic Proximity or Assimilation. Proceedings of 12th Annual Pennsylvania Geographical Society Conference.
- Association of American Geographers 2016 Annual Meeting. March 29-April 2, 2016. San Francisco, CA. Poster Presentation titled “Exploring Charcoal Making and Deforestation in La Gonave, Haiti.”
- The 13th International Asian Urbanization Conference. January 6-8, 2016. Yogykarta, Indonesia. Paper Presentation titled “A Woman’s Place: Examining Perceptions of Urban Social Space in India.”
- Pennsylvania Geographical Society 2016 Annual Meeting. November 6, 2015. West Chester, PA. “Examining Charcoal Industry and Sustainability in Gros Mangle, Haiti.”
- Adjunct Professor/Academic Faculty Advisor/Director or Summer Study Abroad of Field Studies in China, Geography-Earth Science Department, Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania, 2002-2007 & 2010-2014
- Partner Consultant, Meridian Research & Consulting, INC., Norwood, MA, 2012 - Present
- Assistant Professor, Foreign Language Institute, Department of Defense, Monterey, CA, 2015