James A. Kearns, Ph.D.
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering and Economics, University of Pennsylvania, 1982
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Carnegie-Mellon University, 1984
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1990
- Electrical Circuits
- Robotics, Computer-based Control Systems
- Computer Applications for Engineers
- E&M Physics
- Noise and Vibration Control
- Acoustic Diffraction Phenomena
- Outdoor Sound Propagation
- Design of Smart Quiet Structures
- Best paper at the AIAA-Aeroacoustics meeting, 1987
- Presidential Fellowship, Georgia Tech, 1984
- James Kearns and Giorgio Rizzoni “Principles and Applications of Electrical Engineering”, 6th edition, to be published by McGraw-Hill in January 2012.
- Meah, K., Sadrul Ula, A.H.M., Kearns, J., Vaisakh, K. “Short and medium term solutions for the current electricity crisis in Bangladesh”, Proceedings of the IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting, 2010.
- Kala Meah, Timothy Garrison, James Kearns, Gregory Link, Laura Garrison, Wayne Blanding, Emine Celik, Stephen Kuchnicki, Jennifer Dawson, Barry McFarland, “An Automated Bottle Filling and Capping Project for Freshman Engineering Students,” 2010 ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, June 20-23, 2010, Louisville, KY, USA