Timothy J. Garrison, Ph.D.
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Penn State University, 1986
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University, 1987
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Penn State University, 1994
- Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics,
- Aerodynamics, Capstone Design, Thermal Systems Design
- IC Engines, Gas Dynamics
- Engineering Physics, Statics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Heat Transfer
- Experimental Methods
- Laser-Based Flow Diagnostics
- Flow Visualization
- Tiger Athletic Foundation Teaching Award - Outstanding Teacher in College of Engineering, 1997
- LSU ASME Student Chapter Outstanding Teaching Award, 1996
- LSU Council on Research Award, 1995
- Deans Fellow, College of Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, 1990-1993
- NASA Graduate Student Researchers Program Fellowship, 1991-1994
- Garrison, T., Exploratory Physics – An Active Approach to Learning Physics, First Edition, 2010.
- Meah K., Garrison, T., Kearns, J., Link, G, Garrison, L., Blanding, W., Celik, E., Kuchnicki, S., Dawson, J., McFarland, B. “An Automated Bottle Filling and Capping Project for Freshman Engineering Students”, 2010 ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, June 20-23, 2010, Louisville, KY.
- Garrison, T., “Evaluation of an ACC Control System Developed by Opto Generic Devices”, Consultant report, January, 2009
- Garrison, T., “Use of Experiential Learning for Outcomes Assessment”, ABET Best Assessment Processes X, April, 2008, Atlanta, GA.
- Coordinator of Mechanical Engineering
- Member, Promotion and Tenure Committee, 2009 - present
- Chair, Faculty Benefits Committee 2007 - 2008
- Member, Faculty Benefits Committee 2006-2007, 2008-2009
- Board member, York County Community Foundation - Energy Conservation Committee through 2009