Spring on the York College campus

Declaring or Changing Your Major

Students who wish to declare or change their major must complete a Change in Student Record form in the Academic Advising Center. Once they declare or change their major, students will be assigned a new academic advisor in their chosen major.

Several of the academic majors have restricted access; therefore, you must obtain a signature from the appropriate faculty member to be admitted into the restricted program. If you are interested in any of these majors, you should also obtain a Change in Student Record form in the Academic Advising Center to take to the appropriate faculty member for information and/or a signature for admission into the program.

Students walking across York College campus to class

Restricted Programs

Major Contact Location Phone (717)  Email
Psychology Randi Shedlosky Life Sciences, 314 815.1290 rshedlos@ycp.edu
Radiography Elizabeth Hodgson Life Sciences, 224 815.1530 ehodgson@ycp.edu
Respiratory Therapy Mark Simmons York Hospital 851.2464 msimmons@ycp.edu 
Early Elem/Middle Level Education Katherine Beauchat Life Sciences, 138 815.1581 kbeauch1@ycp.edu
Early Elem/Special Education
Middle Level/Special Education
Kimberly Sutton Life Sciences, 113 815.1424 ksutton1@ycp.edu
Secondary Education Coordinator Joshua De Santis Life Sciences, 112 815.1939 jdesant1@ycp.edu
Sport Management Susan Klinedinst, Ph.D. Diehl Hall, 206 815.1613 ssklined@ycp.edu
Fine Art Ry Fryar Wolf Hall, 318A 815.1752 rfryar@ycp.edu
Graphic Design Melanie Rodgers Wolf Hall, 301 815.1771 mrodgers@ycp.edu
Music & Music Industry Grace Muzzo, Ph.D. Wolf Hall, 206C 815.6450 gmuzzo@ycp.edu
All Nursing Programs (signature) Carrie Pucino, D.Ed. Diehl Hall, 226 815.6647 cpucino@ycp.edu
Computer & Electrical  Engineering Wayne Blanding, Ph.D. Kinsley Engineering, 103 815.6651 wblandin@ycp.edu
Forensic Chemistry Gregory Foy, Ph.D Campbell Hall, 214 815.1523 gfoy@ycp.edu
Mechanical Engineering Steve Kuchnicki Kinsley Engineering, 104 815.1547 skuchnic@ycp.edu