Spring on the York College campus


Everything you need to know about residence life at York College.

Have questions? We have answers.Residence Life FAQ

  • Are pets allowed?

    Fish are the only pets permitted in the residence halls.  Fish must be contained in a tank no larger than 10 gallons. No other pet or animal of any type is allowed to stay, even as “guests.” If someone has a pet (other than fish) they will be subject to disciplinary action. This restriction also pertains to any strays that might be found (i.e. cats, dogs, etc.). In addition, lab specimens are also prohibited.

    For information regarding emotional support animals, please review the Service and Emotional Support Animal Policy in the Student Handbook. If you have additional questions, please contact Student Accessibility Services. 

  • What is my mailing address?

     York College of Pennsylvania
    Attn: Student Name
    Name of Residence Hall, Box #
    441 Country Club Rd.
    York, PA 17403-3651
    *Please refer to the Mail Services page for current addresses.


  • Am I required to have a meal plan?

    Students living in traditional or suite style housing are automatically assigned a 225 meal plan.  This is a full meal plan that allows students to eat 15 meals per week for the semester.  You have the opportunity to change your plan to the 165 Advantage, 225 Advantage or the Ultimate Plan.  More information about each plan can be found at www.dineoncampus.com or on the Business Office website. Meal Plans can be used at “all you care to eat” dining facilities.  Meals cannot be used in retail locations, but dining points can.

    Students living in college-owned apartments and houses, off-campus, or commuting from home may choose to enroll in one of the full meal options or choose one of the block reservations.

    Meal plans may be selected or changed through the student's YCPWeb or through the Business Office.

  • How does the College supervise the residence halls?

    The Office of Residence Life carefully selects student leaders to be Resident Assistants (RAs) for each residence hall.  The primary role of an RA is to assist in creating a living-learning experience for all residents. RAs help promote acceptable standards of living, community responsibility, and group interaction within the residence hall.  RAs serve as a liaison between students and the College administration and share directly in the responsibility of upholding College policies and regulations. RAs serve a part of an on-call rotation, wherein each area of campus has RAs on-duty every night of the week. While the RA enforces policy in the halls, students are expected to be considerate of one another, respect public and private property, and practice self-discipline. College policies are in place for the growth, development, and protection of all students. The atmosphere in each residence should enrich student growth and development and should play a positive role in the student’s total educational experience.

    In addition to RAs, each residential complex (West Campus, North Campus, Manor, and Penn/Beard) has an Area Coordinator or Resident Director (AC/RD).  This individual is a “live-in” professional staff member who coordinates and supervises the overall operation of the complex. General functions of the Area Coordinator/Resident Director include ensuring the security of the hall, its residents, and guests, as well as the maintenance and cleanliness of the facility. Duties also include the execution of complete and efficient office and desk services, representing student needs in policy making and evaluation of the Residence Life program, and developing and coordinating social and educational experiences with students to supplement their academic work. Area Coordinators/Resident Directors also serve as hearing officers in conduct hearings for code of conduct violations. 

  • What kind of security is there?

    The Department of Campus Safety is located in the lobby of Manor Northeast. The department operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Please visit the Campus Safety web page for more information regarding safety information and services their office provides.

    Additionally, Resident Assistants are on-duty for each residential complex every night and weekend.  A Residence Life professional staff member is also on-call 24 hours a day for emergencies. We always encourage students to contact Campus Safety in the event of an emergency at 717.815.1314.

  • What is Gender-Inclusive housing?

    The College offers gender-inclusive housing options within various areas on campus.  These apartments or suites may include all genders, but individual bedrooms must be single-gender.

  • May I have alcohol on-campus? What if I’m 21?

    Alcohol is not permitted in residential facilities, except for the designated Independent Living community (see Independent Living guidelines). No student or guest under the age of 21 is permitted to possess or consume alcohol at any time. Please see the Student Code of Conduct for more information.

    The Office of Residence Life has established policies and standards of behavior for this community, following York College’s mission. The goal of this community is to provide a safe on-campus living arrangement for legal-age students to remain on campus where they may responsibly consume alcoholic beverages. Independent Living communities include Country Club Manor, Brockie Commons, Richland Hall, Springettsbury Hall, and Springettsbury Apartments. 

  • What should I do if I break or lose my keys?

    If you need a new key please email the Office of Residence Life at residencelife@ycp.edu.

    Lost/stolen keys have a key replacement cost of $50.00 for the lock change and $2 for each roommate key that needs to be replaced. A mailbox key replacement is $10.00. All costs will be billed to the student submitting the Key Replacement Request form and can be paid at the Business Office.

    Broken keys are replaced at no cost. However, you must return the broken key to the Residence Life Office. Otherwise, you will be charged as though it were a lost or stolen key.

  • How much is laundry and where is it?

    Each hall/complex has laundry facilities. Some are centrally located in the building while others are located on individual floors or an adjacent building. One wash cycle costs $1.00 and a dry cycle costs $1.25.  Flex cards must be used for all washers and dryers on campus except in all of the small houses. The cost of laundry is incorporated into the cost of the house. You can add more flex dollars to your card at the Business Office in the Miller Administration building or by visiting the YCP Flex Card Webpage.

    If a washer or dryer is not working properly, please contact CSC Service Works directly via CSC app or by calling them directly at 844.272.9675


  • Submit a Work Request

    In order to submit a Facility Services work order, please log in to MyYCP and click on the Footprints icon. Choose the Service Catalog tab, double click on Facilities, and select the category of the service or issue you would like to report. You can also send an email to facilityservices@ycp.edu or call during normal business hours 717.815.1351

    If you have a work order emergency after hours, please contact the Department of Campus Safety at 717.815.1314.  When reporting an issue, please be as detailed as possible.  Include your name, contact information, where you live on-campus, description of the problem, the location of the issue, and if anyone else is affected.

    *Emergencies are typically a broken pipe, flooded bathroom, no heat in extremely low temperatures, etc... Light bulbs that are no longer working should wait until the next business day to be repaired.

Contact Us
Residence Life
Iosue Student Union Building, Room 307
Phone: 717.815.1281
Fax: 717.849.1644

Semester Hours
Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Summer Hours (May-August)
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. 
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.

Emergencies: Contact Campus Safety at 717.815.1314