How to Select a Placement
Students will be eligible to select a room as soon as their lottery time opens if the student has all roommate preferences MATCHed, any roommate requests not MATCHed are removed from your request queue, and there are no holds on the student account which includes housing and financial holds.
- Log into MyYCP
- Click on the 'house' icon on the left to enter the MyHousing program.
- Two tabs appear, click on the MyHousing tab.
- In the top left, click on the Room Selection menu.
- Select the Select a Room/Suite link.
- If you are eligible to select a room, click on the Find Available Rooms button.
- A list of all available rooms that match the occupancy of the number of your potential MATCHed roommates will appear.
- When you locate a future room, click on the Select Room or Select Suite button next to the room or any of the rooms in the suite, house or apartment.
- Please note that this does NOT lock-in your selection nor absolutely guarantee the availability of the room to you. In some cases when multiple groups are choosing they may attempt to select the same space. The first group to confirm will have rights to the space regardless of lottery number.
- Confirm/Book the beds and rooms for each person by selecting them from a drop-down menu by each available space.
- Click Submit Room Selection to verify your selection and confirm your room booking.
- If the room is still available, you will get a screen that congratulates you on completing your room selection process.
- If the room is now unavailable, you will get a screen that has a link to redirect you back to available room choices.
- When you confirm booking and selection of a room, you have completed your housing selection and will receive an email with your housing assignment.
Choose your space carefully! No room changes will be made during room selection.
If a space of your desired group size is no longer available, you will need to break down your group into smaller groups or add a person by using your contingency plans. Please note that all students in the group will need to remove or add the necessary roommate matches. You may then select rooms based on this new group size.
The Office of Residence Life strongly recommends that all students have multiple back-up options in the event that their first choice of housing isn't available or they are left out of a group at the time of room selection.