Gender Inclusive Room Selection: April 10, 2018
Senior Room Selection: April 12-13, 2018
General Room Selection: April 17-24, 2018
When your lottery number becomes active, you will have a short amount of time until the next number is activated. It is important to choose the space carefully. Once your lottery number becomes active, it will remain active until you choose a space or the end of room selection. No room changes will be made during the active room selection process.
To Select a Room
- Log into MyYCP and click on the MyHousing icon.
- Two tabs appear, choose the tab on the right to Go to MyHousing.
- Click on the Room Selection menu.
- Select the Select a Room/Suite link (Note: 'Suite' refers to suite or apartment).
- Click on the Find Available Rooms button.
- A list of available rooms will appear that is dependent on the number of people you have Matched in your group. While all students with a lottery number may see this list, only students with activated lottery numbers will be able to continue to the next step.
- When you locate your desired space, click on the Select Room or Select Suite button next to the room or any of the rooms in the suite, house, or apartment in which you are interested in living. Please note this does not lock-in your selection, nor guarantee the availability of the room to you. In some cases when multiple groups are choosing, they may attempt to select the same space. The first group to confirm will have rights to the space regardless of lottery number.
- Confirm/Book the beds and rooms for each person by selecting them from a drop-down menu by each available space. Be sure to place the correct roommate in the correct bedroom.
- Click Submit Room Selection to verify your selection and confirm your room booking.
- When you confirm booking and selection of a room, you have completed housing selection and will receive an email to confirm this.
Roommate and Room Selection Contingency Plans
If a space of your desired group size is no longer available, you will need to reorganize your group size by using your contingency or back-up plans. Please note that all students in the group will need to remove the necessary roommate matches to make a smaller group. You will then need to select a space based on your new size group and by who in the group has the lowest lottery number.
The Office of Residence Life STRONGLY RECOMMENDS that all students have multiple back-up options in the event that their first choice of housing is not available at the time of room selection.